Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

infinty cam or freedom cam

Old 05-02-2004, 03:22 PM

Default infinty cam or freedom cam

im looking for a good smooth drawing bow with a little valley no one that wants to yank your shoulder out of socket if you let it down,you guys know what i mean.i like the idea of the infiniti cams draw length adjustability,but is the freedom cam really that much smoother to draw or are they they the same,does one have a valley and the other one dont.what is the fastest quietest bow bowtech makes.i got about a 28 in draw length,271/2 to 28.so which vft would you reccomend.thanks
Old 05-02-2004, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: infinty cam or freedom cam

Goldtip,
There is a difference in the 2 cams and their draw cycles.......at full draw both have nice valleys and rock solid walls. No shoulder yanking for either.

The Freedom cam is an extremely smooth drawing cam......picks up weight early and then just gently rolls to full draw. Almost falls backwards to full draw it's that smooth.
The Infinity cam is a more agressive cam but not a killer either especially in the shorter draw lengths. It carries weight farther over the cycle and peaks later giving it it's trademark speed.

Both styles are very quiet in the VFT style bows.......my Liberty is the quietest bow I have ever owned and shot.
The Freedom over most draw length ranges "Feels" about 7-8lbs lighter than it's stated weight (or comparable to it's Infinity cam counterpart)

Given your stated draw length I would look very hard at the Patriot VFT. At 28" it is not giving up much in draw feel VS the Freedom cam, but it is much faster. At 28" you'll get speeds very comparable to a 29.5-30" Liberty.
Brace height is still 7", it's super quiet and hard hitting. It's an ideal hunting bow.

Ultimately you need to shoot each to form your own opinion, but look at the Patriot, Liberty and Justice to start. Maybe one will just call your name.
Old 05-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: infinty cam or freedom cam

Yup..I would go with Matt's recommendation of the 2004 Patriot SC. It's much nicer to draw this year compared to previous model years..doesn't have that somewhat annoying peak and drop very late in the draw cycle compared to previous model years.

The F-cam is SUPA smooth and a shade quieter, but for guys with shorter draw lengths it may not give the speed they want.

The only reason I'm not shooting a 2004 Patriot single this year is because due to the slightly shorter axle to axle length and the even tighter VFT angle of the limbs, the string angle is too tight for me to get my proper anchor point references (I use a lower anchor than most, so for most people it's not an issue).

Now if BowTech takes my suggestion for a 35" I-cam bow with a 7.5" brace for 2005, then there's no question what BowTech I'll be shooting for 2005