Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rocket Broad Heads???

Old 04-27-2004, 09:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default Rocket Broad Heads???

I have killed one deer with the 75gr Mini Blaster 3 at 15 yards, the arrow nicked a rib going in and went right through a rib going out and stuck in the ground before the deer ran off. The arrow was traveling at 290fps and went through both lungs. The deer only went about 35 yards. My dad has killed a number of deer with his 57gr Wolverines as well. We are both happy with our Rocket mechanical heads.

I was wondering if any one has had problems with them, or if every one is happy with them.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:53 AM

Default RE: Rocket Broad Heads???

I was wondering if any one has had problems with them, or if every one is happy with them.
Rocket heads are perfect proof that a DULL, FLIMSY, WEAK, Broadhead is still overkill for whitetail deer.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:14 AM

Bottom line.....You need to be confident in your equipment ! Seems like you are.......and that's good !!

Personally I don't like Rocket products and won't use them again........but for every problem I can list........someone can tell you how to get around it or why it doesn't really matter !

Get's the job done fine for most guys .......just not my cup o' tea !!
Old 04-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Everyone has an opinion, mine happens to be very positive with Rockets. As a matter of fact, I've taken deer with dozens of different b-heads, both fixed and mechs. Of all my kills, the Rockets are the MOST impressive heads I've personally ever seen. I've taken over 30 whitetail with Rockets, 20 with the little Steelhead 100 and I've yet to see a deer take more then 60 yards on me. These mechs have been nothing but absolutely devastating on deer regardless of their size. Every shot was a pass-thru except 1 spine and some of these bucks weighed over 300#. Bottom line, shoot what you have confidence in. Rockets rule !!!

Here are a TON of reasons WHY to shoot a Steehead.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gundigest,

Here's one of the best kills I've seen with the MiniBlaster....... 203 1/8" gross typical
Old 04-27-2004, 02:32 PM

Wow - great buck.

My bucks don't stack up to this one but I too have had great success with the Rocket Sidewinders. I have tons of confidence in them.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have over 2 dozen deer killed with Rocket heads and really have faith in them.......You do have to use a little common sense and tailor the style of the head to your personal set-up, and if you do they are extremely effective.
I have had the shortest trails, and biggest holes using Rocket heads. I shoot mostly the mid range to larger stuff for whitetails, but I have settled into the Sidewinder,Slammerhead size range. They give me the best blend of cutting diameter/tissue damage and penetration for my hunting bows.
They are working on their blade sharpness too......I have 4 new packs of Slammerheads and they are very sharp.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

I tend to agree with Matt's comments. I use Rockets almost exclusively now....Steelheads, Hammerheads, Sidewinders and Naildrivers...and have yet to run into any problems.

Yes, their blades are not the sharpest...

...and, yes, the 100 grain steelheads don't have a very long screw base to install them in some shafts....

...but neither issue has been a problem for me since I started to use them.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:38 AM
etw

I've used the Rocket miniblaster 4L out of my Buckmaster @62 lbs for years. I Had to crank back the poundage due to a shoulder injury so will probably go to 3 blade and less than the 1 3/4" cut of the 4L. My son uses the Hammerhead 3 blades 2" cut love em'
Old 04-30-2004, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like most of the other guys here, I've also had a ton of success with the Rocket Steelheads, but will admit that with every new broadhead that comes out, some do ring my bell. Creates some curiosity, lots of good broadheads out there today--get what works best for you!!

Quick Reply: Rocket Broad Heads???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.