Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Targets

Old 04-25-2004, 03:02 PM

Default Targets

What is a good target for a fast bow? Right now i have a Cabelas target, not even sure what it is called, but it is like a nylon sack with a bucnh of cloth stuffing, and my dads razortech is shooting through it almost every shot, I was wondering if the Black hole is a good target? Thanks
Old 04-25-2004, 04:09 PM

Default RE: Targets

The black hole is said to be a horrible target. They said you bury your arrows up the the fletchings and then after a little while you shoot through. I have the block and love it.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:53 PM

I agree with zak123 get a block target use field points only when you shoot broadheads use american whitetail target called the cube.. last for years for both of them......
Old 04-26-2004, 07:35 PM

Hey, thanks a lot, the black hole was the only one i could think of, the one that i was thinking about getting was the block, that is proabably what i will get. Thanks
Old 04-27-2004, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a block and I like it! It's a really good target.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

for the last time THE BLOCK and THE BLACK HOLE are made by the SAME COMPANY, the layers just run opposite ways
i like my Black Hole - only had it one year, but don't see any reason it won't last for many more
Old 04-28-2004, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Black Hole and it works just fine. We shoot Legacys at 300 fps and my dads cross bow at 318 fps don't shoot through it.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:36 AM
Typical Buck

I bought the Block a year ago. I shoot right through it. I finally had to put in front of my bag target to use my bag target as a backstop for the block.
I like the concept of the block target, I guess I need one that is thicker or something[:'(]
Old 04-29-2004, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

I have Morrell's Bionic Buck, and really enjoy it. If your looking for a lifelike or semi-lifelike 3D target, the Bionic buck is the way to go. Yes, it is true, you can pull the arrows out with one finger. I've shot it quite a bit. I'm shooting about 290, but I have friends who shoot Hoyts and Mathews that do not shoot threw it. If you ever were to have a pass threw on it, you can stuff it with old cotton rags and that eliminates the problem.

My $0.02

j
Old 04-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

got a morrell six shooter(or something like that). it works great fro only $40. same size block costs $100.

Quick Reply: Targets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.