Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Mathews LX

Old 04-22-2004, 08:56 PM

Default Mathews LX

Hey, im new here so hello everybody. I am going to be getting a new bow and I am pretty sure i want to go with the Mathews LX. I would just like to know everything about it, good, bad and everything. I would also like to know the MSRP if anybody knows. Or at least what it is going for. Thanks. Another thing i was wondering about is if I should go witht he Whisker Bisket or a traditional rest.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:52 AM

Default RE: Mathews LX

Sharpshot,Welcome to the site,you'll find alot of good advice and great people here.I been shooting the LX for over a year,and after looking at alot of the new bows out on the market,there isn't a bow that shoots better me than the LX.The main thing is that it shoots best for me.Theres a number of high quality bows out there.The LX is quite,great speed,smoooooth,and for a bow with a 6 5/8 brace its very easy to shoot.The only thing I'd change is the strings and cable.Save yourself alot of grief and when you order the bow,just go ahead and order the Winners Choice strings and cables for it.As far as a rest is concerned,I personally have found the MZE,Trophy-Ridge DZ,and the Trophy Taker works well on my LX.Good Luck with your new bow!...Bob
Old 04-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

I have been shooting my LX since last summer, and couldnt be happier. This is my 4th Mathews bow, and by far the smoothest shooter so far. I too put a Winners Choice string/cable on my LX. I have had Winners Choice on my last 3 bows with great results, but they are pricey. I have the Muzzy Zero Effect rest on my LX, and it performs great. This is my 3rd bow with the Muzzy rest, and I couldnt imagine using anything else. The Outback looks like a nice bow, but it is too short for me. It appears to be a smaller version of the LX, but I hear it is a little slower and quitier.
Old 04-23-2004, 05:01 PM

Thanks a lot for the help. I was just wondering, what is wrong with the stock string? and cable?
Old 04-24-2004, 01:03 AM

I have had mine since last fall and have the stock string with no issues. I have a Vital Bow Gear 'Ultimate Fall-away rest". I couldn't be happier with it.
Old 04-24-2004, 01:10 AM

What about price?
Old 04-24-2004, 05:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

What about price?
See for your self. Oh and by the way. WELCOME to the board

http://www.huntersfriend.com/bowspecs1.htm
Old 04-24-2004, 11:14 AM

Just as long as you are comfortable with the bow, you can not go wrong with a Mathews........I just traded in my Legacy for an Outback.......as far as price anywhere from 600-640 in my area................good luck
Old 04-24-2004, 07:48 PM

Just ordered an LX here in Michigan. Price was right off of the Mathews 2004 Price List - $719.