Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 rubber boots....what's your favorite >

rubber boots....what's your favorite

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

rubber boots....what's your favorite

Old 03-14-2004, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default rubber boots....what's your favorite

I'm looking to get some rubber boots for bow hunting. I want to make my first purchase a good one and not learn by "trial and error" like I usually do.
I want comfort first, something I can wear all day. My feet do get cold fast also so warmth is a consideration.
Any input would be greatly appreciated...........thanks guys
Old 03-14-2004, 09:43 AM

Default RE: rubber boots....what's your favorite

I purchased the LaCross Alpha Burly Sports last fall and loved them. They have a running shoe type sole and are very comfortable and light. They are made of a neoprene and lined with fleece. I used them in temps down to about 20 degrees and my feet did start to get a little cold, but would be perfect in a little warmer weather. I believe the Alpha series is being made this year in a warmer Thinsulate model, so I may buy another pair in the 1000gram model for the cold stuff. They are the most comfortable rubber boots I have ever worn. I have herd that Muck Boots are great also, but have never tried them.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:42 AM

Make that 2 votes for the LaCrosse Burly's. Very warm and comfortable. The thing I like most about them is that they fit snug around the ankle. They also have an adjustment strap around the calf, so you can snug them up. I wouldn't wear anything else.
Old 03-14-2004, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

I have a pair of bone dry, a red head brand i think. They have 1000 grams of thinsulate and were reasonably priced. I like them very much
Old 03-14-2004, 12:22 PM

cabelas comfort tracs with 1200 grams of thinsulate
Old 03-15-2004, 11:00 AM

ROCKY BUCKSTALKERS
Old 03-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you are looking to get comfortable and warm boots, why do they have to be rubber in the first place?
Old 03-15-2004, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just picked up some Lacrosse Burly ATS 800 gram thinsulate boots during last ML season. Only had a few hunts with them, my season got cut short due to a death in the family. I'll be putting some more miles on them this turkey season tho...
Old 03-16-2004, 10:15 AM

I wore a pair of burlys for years and years, but am now sold on muck boots. Easiest pair of rubber boots to put on and pull off that I have ever seen.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Northerners have treated me well. When I did alot of flyfishing back east, I would only buy their hipboots, I found out that they made a rubber hunting boot, I bought a pair, and now will never buy anthing else. They are warm and the rubber lasts for years.

Quick Reply: rubber boots....what's your favorite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.