Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

drop zone ?

Old 03-08-2004, 02:09 PM

Default drop zone ?

I was looking at this rest today at the store and the guy working told me that this is a great rest except for the fact that the spring is not covered with anything and if anything got inside of there like a little twig or piece of bark that it could affect the spring and not work properly. Have any of you that own this rest had any problem like this? Is there anything you could do to cover the spring up so this wouldn't be an issue?

Thanks
Old 03-09-2004, 05:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: drop zone ?

I haven't had the chance to hunt with this rest yet, but I've been in the woods with it quite a few hours during 3-D shoots. I haven't personally had any problem with debris on the spring nor have I heard anyone that has. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it's probably unlikely unless you engage in some sort of trench warfare with your bow.

Based on my two months of experience with the rest, I'd buy one again. If you like tinkering with paper tuning and such, I'd spring for the micro adjustable version. It's amazing how small a change affects a bare shaft through paper.

Fritz
Old 03-09-2004, 08:14 AM

Fritz, thank you for the reply. I kind of figured that but I wanted to see what everyone thought.
Thanks again
Old 03-10-2004, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

MN,

I bought mine just a couple of weeks ago, so I honestly don't know about the possibilities of that happening. I will say that I love this rest so far, and I would definately recommend it. I have the micro adjustable version, fritz is right. Good luck
Old 03-10-2004, 09:39 AM

I just got the Guide series and have to say I'm a little dissapointed. The finish looks terrible. It looks like they were handling it with the paint was wet. I know this is being picky but for what I paid for it I just think it should look a little better. Plus the housing looks like it was dropped a few times before painting. How is the finish on your rests?
Greg.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:34 PM

You must have gotten one of those Friday rests. Either that or someone had too good of a lunch hour. Anyway no problems with mine as of yet. I guess I could see how that would happen now, but still I believe improbable.
ORIGINAL: xtremetj

I just got the Guide series and have to say I'm a little dissapointed. The finish looks terrible. It looks like they were handling it with the paint was wet. I know this is being picky but for what I paid for it I just think it should look a little better. Plus the housing looks like it was dropped a few times before painting. How is the finish on your rests?
Greg.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-12-2004, 11:25 AM

Been shooting one for a long time & never had a problem with anything getting into the spring.

Good luck, the drop zone is a really good shooting rest!
Old 03-14-2004, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Couldn't be any happier with mine. Have hunted hard and fired thousands of shots and never experienced any problems whatsoever. An excellent rest that I look forward to using again this season. It has performed flawlessly everytime I have needed it, truly a great rest.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:39 AM

Thumbs up to the DZ. I have only a few hundred shots thru mine, but has worked flawlessly so far. As far as the finish goes, I would opt for the black. I think it looks better anyway.

Quick Reply: drop zone ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.