Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 What is good Rangefinder for the money >

What is good Rangefinder for the money

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What is good Rangefinder for the money

Old 03-07-2004, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default What is good Rangefinder for the money

Considering a range finder. They all look very similar in the catalogs, but I know there must be plus and minus to the different ones. What do you folks use?
Old 03-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What is good Rangefinder for the money

I am too considering the 800 Nikon range finder dose anyone have one. I have the New Nikon spotting scope from last year, I would like to stay with Nikon, nothing but good results from Nikon but $ is higher than some brands. Thanks. Thanks for the question Oldguy.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm using the Bushnell 800 rangefinder I like it but I'd prefer to go to the sport 600 because it's more compact and fit's right in your pocket.

nubo
Old 03-07-2004, 09:58 PM

I started with the Bushnell 400. It was bulky, though lightweight. It worked most of the time but with all rangefinders, occaisionally wouldn't display/obtain a reading. I picked up one of the new leica's this last fall and am really impressed. It's alot more likely to obtain a reading and I like the size alot better. I don't use the case because it is noisy/inconvient to remove--good thing it is waterproof. I simply hang it around my neck where it is more available and therefore used more often to practice my range guestimating skills. The optics are surpizingly clear.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:12 PM

I got a new Nikon 600 from Ebay for about $90 off of what it sells in Cabelas for. I have to say I like it alot. It does not have rain mode, but I took it out last week in a pretty heavy rain and I did not get a bad reading. The 6X optics are surprisingly very clear.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:03 AM
Fork Horn

I appreciate all of the comments, I have not seen the Leica mentioned in any of the catalogs, I mostly see Bushnell. Wonder which model Leica Elkadditic has?
Old 03-08-2004, 06:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

It depends on what you are planning on using it for and how much you want to spend. I primarily bowhunt with some gun hunting thrown in. Because of this I only really need a rangefinder for relatively short ranges plus I normally do not hunt in rainy conditions. With these criteria I opted for the inexpensive Bushnell Sport model and have been entirely happy with it. $140 at some places.

On the other hand, if I wanted to get a new one I would probably opt for the new Nikon Monarch Rangefinder. I have the Monarch Binocs and the optical quality is excellent. If the rangefinder's optics are half as good then I will be totally satisfied.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:58 PM

Oldguy
You might want to check on ebay there are some good deals on there.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

OK, I will check E-Bay, and thanks to all for suggestions & help!
Old 03-09-2004, 09:25 AM
Spike

I use the Bushnell 500. It is great for rifle hunting. A little big for bowhunting though. It was a gift from my wife so I am not complaining. Anytime she wants to buy me some hunting gear, I will graciously accept!

Quick Reply: What is good Rangefinder for the money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.