Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 How many guys shoot PSE bows? >

How many guys shoot PSE bows?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

How many guys shoot PSE bows?

Old 02-25-2004, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many guys shoot PSE bows?

my PSE Dakota is in and can't wait 'til I can shoot it
Old 03-14-2004, 10:25 PM

STINGRAY - It's like the company built it for me. Replaced and OLD Martin Cougar II.

Looked at the AR34 the other day, Kinda nice. The urge to spend is getting stronger. I also looked at the Martin Slayer at one of our shoots, held it, nice bow. I am resisting the urge as best I can.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:27 AM

PSE is a superb bow; always has been and I am confident it still is. I shot PSE for many years before I made a transition to Martin. Not because PSE became a bad bow, but because of cost and close access to a Martin dealer. Martin is also a good bow, so I have been using Martins since 1995.

I personally knew Pete Shepley for several years from his beginning. Shepley was very proud and protective of his product and the reputation of his product. I have to believe he still is. I used to occasionally visit the Illinois factory. When there, I observed the constant quality control processes. PSE would not let a riser with a paint blemish out the door.

These people were very serious about producing an excellent product and they did. PSE's design and durability was mostly responsible for getting the compound bow to be readily accepted in the archery world.

Any bow can occasionally have a defect, but that does not mean that the manufacturer produces inferior products. Many of the problems can also be the fault of the owner. PSE was always a very rugged bow. I would suspect that it still is.

All compound bows are good bows, and so is PSE. Do not accuse PSE, or any company, of bad customer service based on a personal experience with an employee that may have been incompetent.

PSE is a "classic" bow, mostly used by "classy" shooters.

http://www.bowhunting.net/Interviews...Shepley-1.html

http://www.yorksport.com/pse.htm

PS: One part of the article on Pete's beginning is incorrect. He actually started in an 8' X 8" concrete block building that was located in Pete's backyard.

http://www.bowhunting.net/bobragsdale/ragsdale.html
Old 03-15-2004, 09:21 AM

I shoot a PSE Primos STL. I've only had it for about 3 weeks, and I'm very happy with it. Smooth draw, relatively fast, solid wall & very quiet. My last bow was a PSE Lightning Flite 1 cam made in about 1996. I was happy with it too, but I wanted to upgrade to a more modern, faster bow.

I've always been very satisfied with PSE bows. Can't say much for their accessories because I've never used them.

It's kind of surprising to me that, on this forum, it seems people don't talk much about PSE bows. Hoyt, Mathews and Bowtech seem to be the current rage. I get the feeling that some think the PSE is more of an "entry level" bow. While it's true that PSE makes quite a few entry level bows, they make some very nice higher end bows as well. I believe my Primos will match up very well with just about any other brand out there.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

I do not currently own a PSE but I have owned several in the past. I was always impressed with their solid, time proven designs and overall durability. They have a bow in every price range.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:04 PM

Thanks guys for the input!

Rusty
Old 03-23-2004, 04:50 AM

i must say, that i honestly dont know any one up here that shoots a pse. wonder why that is.most i know shoot matthews, hoyt,&alpine bows.just dont see to many pse bow's around.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:00 PM

I've shot a PSE ThunderFlightExpress for the past 10 years. I'm picking up my new Firestom lite today or tomorrow. I in my 10+ years of shooting a PSE have never had an issue with my bow. I guess that's why I bought my second one.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a pse spyder. It works for me.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:07 PM

I shoot a PSE Durango and my daughter shoots a Spyder. Couldn't be happier with them. Thinking about going to the Scorpion or the Venom for something a little shorter axle to axle.

Quick Reply: How many guys shoot PSE bows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.