Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Drop-Away for Xtec

Old 02-09-2004, 08:58 PM

Default Drop-Away for Xtec

I've been shooting a Mathews Legacy for a while now! I had gone into a shop and was told to check out the new Xtec. Well, needless to say, it felt great and now I'm going to be a Hoyt shooter. I have shot a Nap Quiktune 3000 rest on my bow and now I'm looking into a drop away. What do you guys recommend? A buddy of mine is trying to convince me to shoot the Trophy Ridge Dropaway. I kind of like the Muzzy Zero Effect. Does anyone have any comments on these 2 rests?
Old 02-11-2004, 01:57 PM

Default RE: Drop-Away for Xtec

Just put the Drop Zone on my new Outback, love it. A friend has teh trap door, but, I heard it was good butafter approx. a year would start to fail. Just wouldn't want it to be in the back of my head that it could fail while hunting.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:38 PM

Trophy Taker
Old 02-12-2004, 02:06 PM

welcome to the wonderful world of hoyt! i have heard good things about both the mze and the trophy ridge , tr is supposed to come with a micro adjust version known as the guide series , also you may want to check out the ultimate fallaway by vital bow gear it's not as expensive as the mze or tr , and it has a built in arrow holder , i love mine ,another option are the gkf fallaways they are all really good i have a golden premier fallaway on my target bow ,i converted it from a regular rest i'm very happy with it too . sorry to ramble on , good luck with your new hoyt!
Old 02-13-2004, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Drop Zone is an awesome rest. I had an excellent season with the DZ as this rest performed flawlessly all seaosn long. Solid, quiet design that's certainly going to be hard to beat.

Old 02-14-2004, 05:10 PM

Make sure to check out the Golden Key TKO Dropaway.
This rest is by far becoming the most popular around .
Bullet Proof with key adjustment features.

It also is lightweight and not Bulky also runs for under $50.00
Old 02-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

PLEASE disregard the "TKO" SPAM that shows up on about every DZ post??? [:'(][:@]
Old 02-14-2004, 08:54 PM

And Corns TR Spam and penned pictures.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jealousy is so ugly. Unfortunately there are some who frown upon anyone who is consistent on mature animals. I'm sure the companies that these folks are supposedly representing must be proud (GK). Some folks should maybe spend more time hunting and less time posting. [&:] People really do like to see that the products work. Good shootin'

Here's a pic of the highest fence on MY property.

Old 02-15-2004, 02:44 PM

Hey IL-Cornfed
Since you seem to be so handy with a camera, how about taking a picture of your cable where you have the lanyard from the DZ served in. I have a DZ on my current bow but I tied it into the cable slide. It worked great all year with no problems. I just bought a new bow and another DZ and I think I may try to serve it into the downward cable first as recommended. THANKS
Stephen

Quick Reply: Drop-Away for Xtec

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.