Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Zebra-Twist String?????????????? >

Zebra-Twist String??????????????

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Zebra-Twist String??????????????

Old 01-28-2004, 05:19 PM

Default Zebra-Twist String??????????????

Is there alot of difference in which brand string you put on your bow. I just read were someone said not to put another Zebra-Twist String on their bow. whats up with that?
Old 01-28-2004, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Zebra-Twist String??????????????

I've had someone said that the Zebra string stretches too much. I think they said it stretched 3/8" after 250 shots
Old 01-28-2004, 08:31 PM

They stretch!!!!! Big time. I mean, they're great strings, quiet, durable, and smooth. But, there small diameter, and soft, so they stretch big time. And, they're not as fast. Go with a winners choice or find someone who can custom make you a string out of Bohning 450 plus.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:24 AM

They do stretch bad......most of mine have setled in after a while . If I were getting new strings though......I'd go with WInner's Choice or something comparable !!
Old 01-29-2004, 06:51 AM

I removed the Zebra from my LX and put on a string by ProString Archery. Shel makes a top notch string and cable. Mine is made of BCY8125 and I gained speed. I would never put another Zebra on my bow.

Check out ProString, they are nice.

www.prostring.com
Old 01-29-2004, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

Zebra strings creep like crazy. Winners Choice, Berry Strings, Vaportrail, and Stone Mountain all make top quality strings that are vastly superior to the Zebras. Personally, I build my own when I got tired of spending money for them every 6 months.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question on the other strings mentioned: Do they have opposite twist so that I don't need to use a rubber tube to align my peep? My zebra is going on 4 years old and after the first 300 shots nothing has changed, nock point, poundage, fps, accuracy. I guess I'm pleased so far, but mostly the peep alignment is a huge plus.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:20 AM

zebra strings stink--they definetly stretch---and when they do you fight your peep alignment.you would think mathews would offer a better string on there bows---but i guess since they manufacture them in bulk they got to much money tied up.you would think they would produce a much higher quality string.mine stretches about 1/2in every year.but they wont next year because i am definetly not going to waste my money on them any more
Old 01-29-2004, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

To be honest, contrary to mathews advertising, the reverse twists do nothing for peep stabilization and consistancy. I have used Winners Choice, and after about 10 shots to get them settled in the peep never moves again. They do not use the reverse twists either. My personal strings take slightly longer to settle in, about 15 - 20 shots, and I do not have any peep problems, and they do not have reverse twists either. The key is serving tension, equal load on the string strands themselves when laying out the strings, and quality material.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm wondering why I haven't had any problems with my zebras then? I'm not saying that they are good or bad, am I just lucky? All I know is that my peep goes right to my eye on this bow, and it wasn't even close on my last one.In my book that is important.
I might try winners choice when I need a new string, I hope I won't be disappointed.
Doesn't Mathew's make another string, "Tiger String" that is supposed to be higher performance than the zebra. Anyone tried it?

Quick Reply: Zebra-Twist String??????????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.