Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Easiest to draw?

Old 01-26-2004, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Easiest to draw?

I hear the Hoyt razortech and Mathews lx/outback are easier to draw than most bows. Does anyone have first hand experience to know which bow is easier to pull back with draw weight being equal?
Old 01-26-2004, 10:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Easiest to draw?

Well I drew back the outback today at the shop.
IMO its not that smooth and has no valley the slightest creep and it wanted to go.

I have not drawn the razortech but will be at the shop again tomorrow so I will try it.

Not trying to diss any of the bows but try the Liberty or Justice from Bowtech they are real nice and smooth and actually feel like they are drawing less weight then they actually are.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 2003 Bowtech Patriot single and it is not the easiest to draw!
Old 01-27-2004, 09:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have owned several of the Hoyt TEC Cam and a Half bows.....Razortec, Dynatec, Vipertec, Xtec....and I will say that the Bowtech Liberty has a smoother draw cycle. The Cam and a Half is smoother than the LX in my opinion.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have a 2003 Bowtech Patriot single and it is not the easiest to draw!
The '03 Patriot SC had a derivation of the Infiniti Single cam. The Liberty and Justice use a new single cam from Bowtech called the Freedom cam which has a larger idler and a larger single cam as well. Totally different draw cycle. Trust me.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

I have an 03 Patriot SC and it draws a lot easier than my older Martin, so for me it's all relative. I shoot the Patriot at 70lbs and I could hardly draw my older bow at 70 lbs. My friend has an 03 lx and it may draw a little smoother than the Patriot but I haven't drawn them side by side (tested the lx in Oct and got my Pat in Jan). I may be wrong about this, but I assumed that the Pat SC would not be the easiest drawing bow due to it's higher speed rating. I do like my Pat SC and really enjoy shooting it, too bad I'm getting 10" of snow tonight, makes it hard to see the target.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:09 AM

Honestly ......I think the difference between the Liberty ,LX/Outback, or Razortech gets into hair splitting !!

I would base my choice on other criteria........the draw on all is very smooth !!
Old 01-28-2004, 01:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I compared at least 7 different bows before deciding on the Razortec. It had the best feeling draw cycle, a solid wall and was less harsh than the others I tried.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can't say about some mentioned but a while back I drew a Bowtech Liberty and found that I can draw more weight with it than many other bows. That said, if I have to start looking for bows that draw easier then I'll just back the weight down and do my arms and shoulders a favor. The Liberty I was shooting was shooting about 7fps faster than my Pearson Freedom. Biggest difference is the Liberty was set at 72lbs and my Freedom was only 60lbs. Not worth all that effort.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:45 PM

I don't know about the others but I have a mathews feather max and I shot an out back the outback was set at 5lbs more than my bow and was easier for me to draw. they said it was partly because of the HP cam.

Quick Reply: Easiest to draw?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.