HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   age old question hoyt,mathews, bowtech (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/50420-age-old-question-hoyt-mathews-bowtech.html)

pup 01-22-2004 04:08 PM

age old question hoyt,mathews, bowtech

ok guys here is the deal, the last year i have been hunting with a razortec and i love the bow, but i am really getting a ich for a new bow but i cant just go out and by one. so i was thinking about trading my razortec for maybe a vft or a patriot or maybe a lx or legacy what do you all think i have a pro 40 i use for target and i love it thats why i was thinking maybe a bowtech, but i have never owned a mathews and i have made fun of them alot so i was thinking maybe i should get one of them so i have a lest byast opinion. ok so anyways lets here some suggestion form you all... OH YEAH I LOVE MY RAZORTec but for some reason just want a change, i kinda like the feel of a one cam better for a hunting bow.

pinesap 01-24-2004 07:01 PM

RE: age old question hoyt,mathews, bowtech

PUP, do what I did and go shoot some bows. Forget about the name and see what feels good to you. You know when something just feels right. I did and I thought I wanted a mathews LX but after shooting some bows I found that I really liked the outback. There are so many bows out there now ,if you can find one (you) really like thats what it's all about. It's nice to get other peoples input too, but it's your money and will be your bow to hunt with. Good luck, I'm sure what ever you get will be a great bow.

tabby 01-24-2004 10:07 PM

I agree with pinesap, and everyone else. Shoot as many bows as you can, and get one that you like. After making your decsision, ask around and see how others like the bow that you have chosen.

At least thats what I am going to do.

Geronimo 01-26-2004 09:38 PM

Pup, are you right or left-handed?

pup 01-26-2004 10:28 PM

im right handed

nubo 01-27-2004 02:09 PM

Any of your choices are top of the line you can't go wrong .But I agree with these guy's that you need to shoot them together and compare for your self since you already have a pro 40 you already have an idea of what BowTech can produce so try a legacy and the Model of BowTech you wish and shoot them together .Try closing your eye's and guessing what bow you have in hand and which bow you like the feel best .

nubo

Arthur P 01-27-2004 02:22 PM

...OH YEAH I LOVE MY RAZORTec but for some reason just want a change...
You've got two choices. Either check yourself in for therapy or surrender to the inevitable and make sure you've got a job that pays darn good money. You've got it. It's called Bowofthemoment Disease. Whatever bow you've got, no matter how much you like it, you're always going to have the urge to change and try something different. Good luck!;)

bow_huntr 01-27-2004 11:12 PM

Why would someone "make fun" of a bow? Mathews is one of the best bow companies, and you havent even shot it. Think again kid.

pup 01-28-2004 12:31 AM

well maybe i should reword that bow_huntr i dont make fun of mathews but when the mathews guys start bashing my hoyt or bowtech a brother has got to fight back[:-]

pup 01-28-2004 12:32 AM

oh yeah, and i have shot the 2002 mathews and wasnt that impressed but we will see how i like the lx[8D]