Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 age old question   hoyt,mathews, bowtech >

age old question hoyt,mathews, bowtech

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

age old question hoyt,mathews, bowtech

Old 02-06-2004, 11:49 PM

Default RE: age old question hoyt,mathews, bowtech

you want some good info. dont buy a bow for the name. I've seen to many people buy bow's cause they cost the most or are the new rave. you might want to go to a archery store that carries a variety of bows. I've had people buy mathews, and hoyt's and dont like them. you need to shoot as many brands as you can. I had the new razor tech. cam and 1/2. traded it in for a browning mirage zx. it shot the best for ME!!!! thats the key since you are the one shooting it. all bows manufacturers have there goods and bads. pick the one you like. hope this helps!! good luck hunting.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:12 AM
pup

I shot the new bowtechs the other day i really like the vft i shot the liberty but i like the extra speed of the extream but well see what happens have my first 3d shoot of the year on sun pro 40 dont let me down
Old 02-09-2004, 09:01 PM

Well, I used to shoot a Mathews, but I'm on my way to "the darkside". I absolutely loved and still do love the Legacy. Great shooting bow, and overall just sweet. I felt the new Hoyt Xtec, and I'm switching over now! Whatever feels best to you!
Old 02-11-2004, 06:57 AM

I have shot Mathews for a while now. The latest being teh Q2. Good bow. However, I too felt the itch for something new. I shot the Legacy, LX and Outback. All at same poundage and draw length. By FAR, the Outback was a better performer. What impressed me the most was teh low recoil it produced. It may be shorter, but has increased brace height. But, as I say, its like buying a truck, any top of the line brand is good. Just a personal preference.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

BOWTECH !!!
Old 02-11-2004, 05:09 PM

I have shot several bows in my 12 years of bowhunting including pearson, martin mattews and i fell in love with the bowtech patriot . I feel it is smooth and forgiving on thoughs not so perfect shots , but as with all thing you must shoot them all and shoot what feels right in your hand not the advertisers. Gotta love this sport.

Always try to bring a child the bond is unbreakable!!!
Old 02-13-2004, 01:39 PM

I see many are in agreement with me, I myself shoot a Parker ultralite 31, this is truley and awesome machine. Athough my dad shoots a Matthews Outback, and not offend anyone by this, but the only reason you chumps seem to rip down Mathews is because you are to jealous that you cant afford one. If you had ever taken the time to research Matthews at all you would probably change your mind about their company. If im correct and dotn quote me on this but i believe hoyt is still paying matthews for their desgins, along with other companies. Straight up matthews has the inovations, and the reason they do is because #1, there price, and #2 getting payed because other companies use their ideas, therefore this puts much emphasis on testing and on researching what works. I believe that there is a matthews out there for anyone, the offer many different styles and sizes. But also I dont know if I will ever be able to give up my parker. My thoughts are strictly my opinions, you just have to kind of way the costs sometimes think about what you are getting. Even if you are an ameatur start out the right way, get something that isnt going to get you into bad habits, the most important thing is feeling comfortable with the bow. THINK ABOUT EVERYTHING, because when you walk out of that shop after just forking out anywhere from 500-1000$ you dont want to get home and say hmm i wish this were different or that was quieter. Get a Parker

Cheers
Old 03-09-2004, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Look at other companies bows as well...theres more out there then hoyt,mathews and bowtech...And at better prices with good quality
Old 03-10-2004, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

Why limit yourself to only these 3 bows? There are some other good brands with nice models available to shoot, many with more years in the business than Matthews, Bowtech and this Hoyt put together.

PorfessionalWildlifeControl, you would be surprised by how many bow companies that pay patent rights to each other because of many innovations by each other.......in other words---tradeoffs.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:52 AM

ORIGINAL: bearklr

BOWTECH !!!

Quick Reply: age old question hoyt,mathews, bowtech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.