Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Stabilizers - I'm buying another bow and need a stabilizer for it >

Stabilizers - I'm buying another bow and need a stabilizer for it

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Stabilizers - I'm buying another bow and need a stabilizer for it

Old 01-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Stabilizers - I'm buying another bow and need a stabilizer for it

Any recommendations? The bow is a Hoyt Havoc, price of stabilizer doesn't matter all that much...as long as its not too high of a price. Thanks[:-]
Old 01-13-2004, 09:40 AM

Default RE: Stabilizers - I'm buying another bow and need a stabilizer for it

PA,

There are so many stabilizers to choose from. I personally use a small COBRA 5 1/2 inch solid stabilizer. You may want camo, no camo, just look around in your local pro shops and such and find the one you like. There is no correct stabilizer for your bow, just as any other. Hope you find what u need, good luck.
Old 01-13-2004, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a rather long (7-8"), metal stabilizer with a weighted front end. I liked it because it seemed to balance my bow forward somewhat so it would tip forward after a shot. Last year I got a Cobra 5.5" made of rubber. Changed because wanted shorter for walking in the woods and transport. Needless to say there wasn't enough weight forward to tip bow and it felt different shooting. With that said, I am getting a new bow this year and am looking at stabilizers. I want stight weight forward and dampening. I may go with SVL Modular. That should get enough weight forward and I can adjust if necessary without extra length. Or I may add a short Doinker/Cobra piece and use my existing stabilizer. Also may get a quick connect for taking stabilizer off quickly??
Old 01-14-2004, 05:46 AM

simms modular stabilizer. Last one you will ever need.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would try different stabilizers on the bow once you get it. All bows have a different balance of weight and what might work on one persons bow might throw another bow completely off. All you have to look for is a stabilizer that actually dampens vibration and not just adds weight. They are usually fluid filled, powder filled or hydraulic and with the new hoyts being as quiet as they are already, you could probably go with any number of stabilizers and get good performance.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:37 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had owned several of the Havoc models when they were first introduced. Though I believe that balance is an individual choice for the shooter I will say that I found the 5-6 inch stabilizers to balance very well on the various Havocs I owned. Try to find a good shop that will let you compare and then start with something in this size. At least you have some size to work with.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just bought the vibracheck Isolator 7'1/2 10oz and I will let you know later how it work's since I won't get my new bow home till tommorrow.

nubo
Old 01-15-2004, 12:48 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-15-2004, 06:55 PM

Hey Nubo, how is your isolator working out?
I'm on the market for a new stabilizer for a new bow. My brother has an isolator and loves it, but all I see is raves over Stealth and Doinker.
Is this still the cats meow??[8D]

Quick Reply: Stabilizers - I'm buying another bow and need a stabilizer for it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.