Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

MATHEWS LX BOW

Old 01-09-2004, 09:37 PM

Default MATHEWS LX BOW

Anyone shoot one. What do you like about it? What don't you like about it? I have a feather max and want to get a LX.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:39 PM

Default RE: MATHEWS LX BOW

got the lx last week and got to say it's the perfect bow for me. when i released the arrow i could not feel the shot at all it's that smooth, real quiet,and is fast.go shot one and see for yourself it won't disappoint you
Old 01-10-2004, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I retired my Z- light last year that had the pro-cam. Which I felt was a smooth shooter. The LX is far smoother than that. It has a smooth draw cycle and minimal hand shock. The speeds are good however it has a brace height shorter than 7 in, but you would never know it due to the cable dampening system. I took an elk with it last season, with the same setup I shot 3-d last year ,following one spot behind the state champ in the HC class. I equiped it with a spot-hogg sight, trophy- taker fall away rest, limbsaver modular stabilizer with a doinker affixed to the end for 3-D. But the doinker will come off for hunting. I went with Easton A/C/C 3-60 and am generating 275 fps with a 423 grn. arrow at 66#. Nothing on the string but a loop and a peep. I like it that I can shoot competitavly with the same bow I hunt with. All I need to do is change the tips. Good luck in your search. Oh by the way, the outback looks cool but shorter bows inherit more canting problems.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:37 PM

I bought one last spring and love it, I was going to by either the Legacy or Q2, but I ordered the LX before my dealer got them!

It is by far one of the smoothest bow I have ever shot, there is minimal or no hand shock, it is fast, and accurate, even though the BH is under 7"!! It is the ideal length for me, not to short not too long either, right around perfect, I equipped mine with the new NAP 2000RG Dropaway, and first started with Easton Carbon Evolutions with 85gr tips and got 285fps at 64#'s, and now I swicthed to the Gold Tip XT's 55/75 with 100gr tips and I now get about 275fps at 64#'s!
Old 01-10-2004, 03:56 PM

Do your Lx's feel top heavy? Bare bow I mean, the one I picked up at the pro shop felt top heavy?
Old 01-10-2004, 06:19 PM

NO, mine does not feel top heavy, but the bow should drop away from you during shooting it (it is part of the form) but it should not fall away fast, get a nice stabilizer put on it, then feel it!