Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

new bow- matthews?

Old 01-05-2004, 08:45 PM

Default new bow- matthews?

I'm looking into getting a new bow. I've shot a couple of Matthews the LX of course is top but costly. I liked the Ultra 2 -any input. Is Matthews to much name for the money. The PSE Enforcer I shot didn't feel quit as good. I guess the main question is do you Matthews shooters think they are worth the money? Campared to others?
Old 01-05-2004, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: new bow- matthews?

Bornhunter as far as I'm concerned your the one that has to shoot it for how ever long you want to keep it ,so if you have to spend some extra to shoot what you like then it's worth it .I just did the same today spent a little more than I wanted but I got a bow that I really like and that I feel real comfortable with. As far as I'm concerned all the top bow's are too darn expensive but if you like it then spend it .

nubo
Old 01-06-2004, 06:40 AM

I agree with Nubo !!

Buy which one your happy with ! But if price is a real issue .......

Look at the discontinued bows for this year SQ2,Q2,Q2XL,etc. dealers may be cutting prices ! I have seen some SQ2's for $459 ......and that's a heck of a bow at that price to me !!

And one of the biggest sleepers IMO is a Mathews FX . They sell here for $349 and it has great specs (including a perimeter weighed cam). I have shot several and with Limbsavers & a good stabilizer.......it's a extremely quiet and smooth shooting bow !

Don't be sceptical about looking at other brands either ! Good Luck !
Old 01-06-2004, 06:43 AM

I agree with both guys, but to my knowleddge all Mathews are worth the money, they are great bows, try the new Outback too!
Old 01-06-2004, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think most bows in that upper price range are worth the money. The only thing is that if you are going to spend that much on a bow then be real sure that it's the right one. I would shoot the big four before I made any choices. Mathews, Bowtech, PSE and Hoyt. Personally, I will always shoot a bowtech because in my opinion they are the best bows on the market. If you ask someone else they will say that Mathews is the best bow on the market and neither one of us would be wrong. That is why it is an opinion. We can only tell you what WE like. You have to try all of them to see what YOU like. But no matter which one you choose in the end you'll still be getting one hell of a bow. Good Luck.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:25 PM

I bought my Mathews FX almost a month ago and I really like it. I had been out of bow hunting for 10 years. I also wanted to try a Bowtech, but no dealers are in my area. My local archery shop let me shoot the FX one afternoon and that's all it took. Looking forward to this October.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Solomon211 brings up a good point. Just make sure that you buy a bow that can be worked on in your area. If you mail order a bow or buy one on E-bay make sure that you have a dealer in the area that can do work on it. If not it may be tricky getting warranty work, Who wants to wait on a bow to be shipped back in the middle of the season. Good luck finding one.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:16 AM

Check the tournament rankings, the finishes speak for themselves.
Old 01-11-2004, 07:56 PM

I agree with most of the replies.It doesnot matter what bow companyyou go with.If your bow is tuned properly and your form is good then you will shoot good.I am currently shooting a CSS most people have not even heard of the company but I place in allthe 3d shoots.GOOD LUCK AND GOOD SHOOTING
Old 01-12-2004, 09:00 AM

I have a Mathews FX for sale!!!!!!! Only 2 years old, 60 lbs. 28-30 inch draw, Muzzy zero effect rest, Archers choice 1 pin sight,visit Mathewsinc.com for the specs on it. Nothing wrong with bow just looking to upgrade this year to a Outback or LX. $325 firm Call 678-838-3923 or e-mail me @ [email protected] Ask For Randy

Quick Reply: new bow- matthews?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.