Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Game Cart, best one???

Old 12-21-2003, 04:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default Game Cart, best one???

Just curious. anyone use a game cart? Which is the best one to buy for hauling 200LB deer or less?? I purchased the strongbuilt BGC and after putting it together found it to be cumbersome to travel with.
Old 12-21-2003, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Game Cart, best one???

I have the Cabela's model that is rated for 500 lbs. Folds up fairly handy for transportation and has been a life saver when shooting a deer far from the truck. I would recommend it highly. No deer is worth a heart attack.
HTH
Old 12-23-2003, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

I've tried two of the two wheeled ones from Bass Pro and found them to be great on logging roads, otherwise they are very tippy. With two guys it seems to work better. They make a power unit now that I saw in the Cabela's catalog. It useds a lawn mower battery. If I could afford it that would be the way to go.

cybersniper
Old 12-24-2003, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

I use the Cabelas Super Mag Cart. When the deer is loaded the wheels are on both sides and this works great. I have gone over logs, through streams, brush, you name it and this thing wont tip. If you get a cart with the wheels being under the deer then it will tip over very easy.

We have hauled out many deer along with my buddys 225# buck a mile and a half this year and it worked great.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:40 PM
Typical Buck

I decided on the ameristep cart. I folds up neatly. Only drawback is that is a little on the noisy side. but hey, who cares when you got one down. on the other had, if you carry your stuff in on it, then it may present a problem. I liked strongbuilts except for the fact that the support arms stick out past the hand when in the folded position and could puncture something in my vehicle.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

I was thinking about making one. Does anyone know where I can get some plans?
Old 01-02-2004, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I NEED ONE AND WILL GET ONE THIS WINTER FOR NEXT YEARS HUNT. AFTER THIS YEAR WHICH WAS A GREAT YEAR FOR ME, I NEED THE CART. I HUNT FAR FROM MY TRUCK, AND AFTER DRAGGING 5 DEER AND 1 BLACK BEAR MY BACK IS HURTING!!!!
Old 01-02-2004, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw the plans for one in Bowhunter mag. will
see if I can find the issue for you.[8D]
Old 01-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is a Versa Cart, it has slanted wheels making it harder to tip over and has served me well. I believe 'Old Man' Treestands has the rights to this design now. It also put the load's center of gravity lower than most carts. My only gripe is that it is on the small side for midwest whitetails.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I finally got the picture to come up.

Quick Reply: Game Cart, best one???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.