Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Gerber exchange a blade saw >

Gerber exchange a blade saw

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Gerber exchange a blade saw

Old 12-09-2003, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Default Gerber exchange a blade saw

I put this in the bowhunting gear review because I have found I use this saw a lot, since I use my climbing stand a lot. It has become very valuable in cutting limbs that are in the way as I climb higher, using the wood blade of course.

First.........the wood blade is the best I have ever found, will cut through any type of wood, and does it very quickly! I have cut limbs off I would not have even tried with other saws I owned in the past. The blade keeps a sharp tough edge. In a hurry, I grabbed my saw and cut the lower part off of the trunk of a 7' tall Xmas tree Saturday before setting it up.

2nd.........I use the bone blade for cutting through the sternum when field dressing a deer. It does a good job and saves the pressure put on a knife trying to cut through. I also used this to cut the browtines off my new set of rattling horns the other day, I hate bruising my knuckles when rattling.

Changing the blade from the wood to bone blade or vice versa is extremely easy and quick. A compartment within the pouch keeps whichever blade is not attached for convenience. There is a slot near the pivot point and all it takes is sliding the blade in and screwing the large screw button back tight......by the way, of which has never come loose. The Gerber saw unfolds, locks tight and folds back by using a large thumbbutton which is depressed easily.

Overall, this Gerber saw is well made. The blades are stainless steel and are replaceable for 5$-$6 if you do happen to break one, but I would find it unusual to break a blade. The handle is non-slip Kraton or rubber, and its made in the U.S.A. The carrying pouch is made of a camoflauged tough material and a belt will slide through the loop, so its easy carrying. Or it can be carried in a fanny pack if preferred. Bottom line is..... anyone who needs a saw that is versatile, would do well to request this for Xmas......its a tool I always carry with me in the woods and has gotten lots of use. Its well worth the $20 price tag!!!

Old 12-09-2003, 05:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Gerber exchange a blade saw

I own one too and I it eats through limbs with ease. I keep mine in a pouch on my climber at all times.

It works well on fingers too as I found out about 2 weeks ago.
Old 12-12-2003, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one too. Great deal for $20. Very fast cutting. I've used it for trimming limbs and even to cut the bottom off my xmas tree.
Old 12-13-2003, 02:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am with you on this one. I have cut small trees down when setting up stands. it's a great product and I agree totaly with your review.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep love mine too
Old 12-13-2003, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have one of the kits that includes a rachet nipper also it works great on limbs 1" or smaller, The saw is unbelievable, it cuts great, I also used mine to trim the trunk of our christmas tree this year. Like already mentioned though, they will cut the knuckles very well also, I just raked my knuckles across the blade the other day while setting up my stand and when I got back to camp they thought I had killed a deer from all the blood. Great tool.
Old 12-13-2003, 08:06 AM

Good review. I love my Gerber saw too. The blades are as sharp now after 3 years of hard use as they we're when I bought the saw.

Tyler
Old 12-15-2003, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

That might have been one of the best inexpensive investments I have ever made.

VC, you are right, it does a good number on fingers.
Old 12-15-2003, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

I hate to break up the party...but I had the same saw. After a month of decent use the dang thing broke in half. Right at the pivot point. They gave a garantee but that would have cost as much as the purchase price for shipping both ways. Now I own a folding saw that I bought from Home Depot for $16. Made out of wood and metal with replaceable blades for $7.
For me a better deal.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:50 PM

Where can I purchase one of these?

Quick Reply: Gerber exchange a blade saw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.