Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Deer Dander Cover Scent

Old 11-11-2003, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Deer Dander Cover Scent

Ok guys, I' ve been waiting for three weeks, and after using Deer Dander Cover Scent along with my regular use of Robinson Labs Essence of Fall, I have to say that the Deer Dander is what has made the difference. The past three weeks I have been using the deer dander, the first day of use sold me on it, but I wanted to make sure it worked before telling you guys about it.
I keep my clothes in a big ziploc with some leaves, cedar, hay, as I just don' t think that we can be totally scent free (even with my scentlok suit) and those are natural smells to the deer. I do wash everything every three or four hunts in scent killer. Anyway this year has been typical, getting away with a few down-wind encounters, but getting busted most of the time. Once I started using Deer Dander in addition to my other stuff, wow, what a difference! In the past three weeks I have had 15 deer down wind from me at less than 40 yards. This includes 5 buck (10,9,8,8,and 4 pts) four deer were inside of 10 yards directly down wind. Only one of these deer spooked and ran, yet all of them smelled me. I knew when they hit my scent stream because the would stop, smell, look, ect. but none of them ever put up their tail, most were nervous, but after a minute or two of sniffing the air they would go back to feeding or whatever. One night I left my deer dander outside in my pickup and it froze. I had to use just my regular cover scent alone. Busted right away, and several times during the day. Maybe I' ve just been getting very lucky, but after 20 years of hunting, I really think that this stuff has helped. I know it isn' t The Cure, but it has impressed me. Try it, see what you think, report back.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:29 AM

Default RE: Deer Dander Cover Scent

I have used it for a while now..and I really like it....It is good stuff!
Old 11-19-2003, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

Who sell this stuff and how much is it?
Old 11-19-2003, 02:15 PM

It is a Team Fitzgerald product, and works pretty good. Here is a link to their website.
http://www.teamfitzgerald.com/mall/TF02_scents2.asp

Old 11-19-2003, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

i got mine at wal-mart
Old 11-19-2003, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use it too and I really like it. I' ll be buying more.