Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

SIMS LimbSaver

Old 11-10-2003, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default SIMS LimbSaver

I just put these on my bow, and I was VERY pleasantly suprised on how effective they are. If you don' t own em, get em. I couldn' t belive how much they quieted my bow down and rediced vibration. How woulda thunk it. Pretty simple idea too. Awesome!!!!

My setup:

2001 Jennings Buckmaster " S"
29" draw
70#
Carbon Express 6075 select 30"
trophy ridge Nitro
Old 11-10-2003, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SIMS LimbSaver

Yup, this is a great product. They made a big difference on my old PSE. My new Hoyt came with them from the factory.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you think they work well then give some of the other Sims products a try. Both the leeches (new design) and the Enhancer 2000 stabilizer enhancer work very well at further reducing noise and vibration.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:42 AM
Typical Buck

I' m pretty sure I' m going to add some string leeches too.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:47 PM
Fork Horn

Is it true you can shoot sting leeches out? I probably have 2,000 shots on mine.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, you can definitely shoot them out though it was more prominent with the earlier model and not the new ones that more evenly distribute the string pressure over a wider area.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:00 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-12-2003, 10:20 AM

I have been shooting a new Martin bow for a month or so. I purchased the limbsavers early on, even before my bow was set up. I intentionally did not install the limb savers right away because I wanted to see how the bow shot as it came from the factory. Before installing anything but the essentials, e.g., sight, rest, etc., I was completely satisfied. However, because I had read so many good reports on some of these accessories, I felt compelled to give them a try. The first accessory I installed was the GK Tranquilizer. I installed this first because I know if I didn' t like it, I could just unscrew it. Well, I have not taken it off, but I really didn' t notice any difference in the way the bow shot. Last week, I installed the limb savers. Sad to say, I still don' t notice any difference.

I don' t recall whether I have extolled the virtues of my Martin on these forums but if I have, you know I think this bow is great. When I had it set up, the guy who did the work commented on how quiet it was...straight from the factory. This from a guy whose life revolves around working on bows.

Please understand, I am not trashing these products and I am sure they are beneficial, maybe even to me. It may be the benfits are just too small to be noticed, at least by me.
Old 11-13-2003, 06:32 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-13-2003, 10:13 AM

Good point Navy! I' d forgotten about those. Martin calls them Vibration Escape Modules, I think.

Quick Reply: SIMS LimbSaver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.