Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Bow Tech or Mathews ????? >

Bow Tech or Mathews ?????

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow Tech or Mathews ?????

Old 10-25-2003, 06:52 PM

Default Bow Tech or Mathews ?????

hi

which one of these bows in your opinion is better than the other.
I am taking a survey for a buddy of mine, and he wants to know the publics opinion on the bows made by the best companies out there. so if you would be so kind and post you opinion on which bow and what makes that bow better than the rest (other)

P.S survey is for any bow made by either company
Old 10-25-2003, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bow Tech or Mathews ?????

Last year I bought a Mathews Legacy. I checked out the other lines and liked this one the best. Fast, smooth, and quiet. Bowtech VFT is a good bow too. Either one is a good bow.
Old 10-26-2003, 08:26 AM

HOYT thats all i have to say
Old 10-27-2003, 06:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

My vote definitely goes for the Bowtech. You get quality construction with excellent speed and a company that is interested in the people' s opinions of their bows. What more could you ask for?
Old 10-27-2003, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

What more could you ask for
Frank
MORE PICS of the 04 line up

I totally agree with Frank.
Bowtech are the only company that I know of where the head designer has gone around the boards asking what people want and looking at the 04 line up Kevin listened and implemented what people asked for.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:21 AM

I' m not trying to sound like a smart elic here.....but your friend needs to shoot them both and decide for himself which one is better for HIM, not what we think. They are both great bow makers and have many models of bows. That would be like walking into a country cafe and asking all the ranchers having coffee which was better....Ford, Chevy or Dodge. To each their own!!
Old 10-27-2003, 11:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good point. Definitely try as many bows as you can get your hands on. Definitely a " different strokes for different folks" type of situation.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:51 PM

GOOD POINTS .........

Shoot as many bows and brands as you can. I was aactually fixed on getting a Bowtech, or Mathews.... until I shot the AR 34, and I simply liked it better..... reason ? I liked the way it went into my hand everytime, it has an awesome handle which is important to accuracy..... is it as smooth, quiet, fast as the Mathews or Bowtech ?? I do not know... It is very smooth, very quiet.... and I can drill a target with it.... and group to 50 yards with fixed blade broadheads..... so Im very happy and I was looking at everything but these bows when I started !

So dont be one sided - look around and shoot a few brands, and a few of each brands models before you buy.... you will pick up one and think - this is MY bow....just like I did....

Good Luck !!
Old 10-27-2003, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

I think Dale gave the best advice, have your friend shoot a variety of bows in his price range, and make a decision. In my opinion you cant go wrong wtih a Bow Tech, Mathews, or Hoyt.
I chose a Mathews FX, it was in my price range, light, durable, relatively speedy, and I LIKED the way it shot. Just make sure your friend likes what he picks, not what someone else likes.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot them both and buy what feels the best to you! Shoot them at the same poundage and with the same arrow, see what perfoms better. I chose the Bowtech Patriot last year. It felt better and was faster, more KE.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Bow Tech or Mathews ?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.