Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Bow Tech or Mathews ????? >

Bow Tech or Mathews ?????

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow Tech or Mathews ?????

Old 10-28-2003, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow Tech or Mathews ?????

Both companies make excellent bows. Like others have said, your friend needs to shoot both bows to see for himself. The thing I found was that the way a bow feels when you shoot it does not always translate into the way it will shoot for you in the long run.

You asked for opinions so I agree with some of the others and say that I prefer the Bowtech. (I have owned two Mathews bows, and shot them enough to get a good feel for what I could do with them. Most people talk about the speed with Bowtech. All I can add is that my bow has low recoil, is quiet, and is the easiest bow to shoot accurately that i have owned. Add to that the responsiveness of the company, and the excellent customer service, and you have a great bow company, IMHO.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot, and prefer, the BowTechs. I' ve shot both company' s bows and find they both make a very good product. I simply like the BowTechs better. Every bit as accurate, recoil-free, and quiet as the Mathews bows. I get the added benefit of more speed, which I like. Shoot both, then buy the BowTech.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:33 PM

Not to beat a dead horse but he needs to shoot as many as he can and then decide. I own a Mathews and they make a great bow but, Bowtech has impressed me with there level of comtment totheir customers concerns. I plan on trying a Bowtech as soon as the new ones are avilable!!!!! Forget brand names and shoot what you like!!!!!
Old 11-01-2003, 07:44 PM

PARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2003, 08:44 PM

i shoot browning...........but i think bowtech has the best bows out . beats mathews and hoyt.

go deep hunt hard.
Old 11-02-2003, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

PARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My sediments exactly. LOL. But seriously, tell your buddy to follow these guys' advice. Shoot as many bows from as many manufacturers as you can. Remember, the bow has to become an extention of your body. You must be comfortable with whatever you shoot.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:56 PM

I have both brands & I feel the Mathews is the better quality bow while the bowtech I have is faster than my Mathews. I will say I always take the Mathews hunting with me while the Bowtech sits in the closet.

Both are high quality but the Mathews seems to be better built. This is just my take so some will agree & some will not.

Old 11-07-2003, 07:26 AM

Like Ford vs. Chevy

Can' t possibley tell you which brand is best for what.

Is your bud 6' 10" or 5' 2" ? Can he pull 80lbs or is 50lbs max?

I prefer Mathews at this point but maybe in a few years I' ll get hooked on something else that fits me better. They are both great bows, good warrenty, etc.

Ford for trucks,
Corvette rules over the Mustang
Trailblaiser over the Exploder.
see it isn' t cut and dry.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:33 AM

All I can say is research,research,research.But in my opinion Bowtech really hasn' t been around that long but they make a heck of a bow,the Mighty Mite is probably the best bow they have for hunting out of a stand.Mathews is really not all that immpressive if you look at reviews and shoot one.They false advertise and make their product look bigger then it actually is. Research,research,research!!!
Old 11-24-2003, 02:38 PM

I have not used a BowTech so I can' t say how well they shoot, but they seem like good bows. I have a Mathews LX and am very happy with it.