Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Need good cheap bow. REPLY PLEASE >

Need good cheap bow. REPLY PLEASE

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Need good cheap bow. REPLY PLEASE

Old 10-21-2003, 07:47 PM

Default Need good cheap bow. REPLY PLEASE

What is the best kind of bow that is in the $100-200 price range??
Old 10-21-2003, 08:04 PM

Default RE: Need good cheap bow. REPLY PLEASE

buck masters has a few and pse but realy look into pse on basspro or cabelas they have real good cheap prices on bows that will get the job done.

go deep hunt hard.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

1hntr, if you aren' t in a huge hurry, wait. Most manufacturers are getting ready to introduce their ' 04 bows. When they do, a bunch of people buy new and sell their " old" bow.

Some name brand used bows hold their value very well, and command a good price, but there are many many quality build bows that don' t, and are usually sold for a fraction of the new cost.

Get an idea what kind of specs you want in a bow, come up with a few brands/models that fit this bill then watch Ebay, archery talk classifieds, local shops, etc and find a bargain. For most bows you can get modules to adjust the draw length to fit you in case you find a deal on a shorter/longer draw bow.

Good Luck.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:18 AM

Along the same lines as Rangeball mentioned, you will likely find ' 03 models marked down at the beginning of the year when the ' 04' s start hitting the shelves. Most likely not as cheap as a good used bow, but another option to consider anyway.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:07 PM

If I remember correctly,I think Bass Pro Shops/Redhead, they were selling a Reflex bow with the cam.5 for $200. That is a great deal on a new cam.5 bow. I just figure that if a Reflex is good enough for Chuck Adams, it must be good enough for all of us.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look for a used bow. Odds are you will get one of better quality, set up with accesories, and already shooting acurately for about that price. For example a three year old bow that new cost $500 will probably be in your price range. I sold my 4 year old Darton to a kid for $75. He got a great shooting bow and has already harvested two doe with it. I' m glad to help someone start out in archery, so I lowered my price to help. I' m sure there are many other archers in the same boat.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:41 PM

handles-got any more bows to sell for $75 for me???
Old 10-22-2003, 06:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Probably not, but I have a new PSE Nova S75 with most of the " fixins" that I am about to put up on Ebay for $100. Plus, I am also about to sell my Sterner Duttera Rhino31 for $200 with, again, most of fixins.

Old 10-22-2003, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Selling the Rhino? Hmmm - Selling the Rhino.[]

Ebay is a decent place to look, but that PSE that Frank has would get my $$$ if I was looking for a bow like that. He will have it set up right!

I have the same model bow that Handles sold, but I' m not selling mine. It shoots too good for an " obsolete, no-value, throw-away bow."

Good luck with your search.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:15 AM

I just bought my son a PSE Nova from Bass Pro Shop for $199.00. This includes the quiver, sight and arrow rest. Just remember, there are no cheap bows, just lousy shooters.

Quick Reply: Need good cheap bow. REPLY PLEASE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.