Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Rage Chisel tip 3-blade vs beef ribs - Ruh Roh! >

Rage Chisel tip 3-blade vs beef ribs - Ruh Roh!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage Chisel tip 3-blade vs beef ribs - Ruh Roh!

Old 01-29-2016, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rage Chisel tip 3-blade vs beef ribs - Ruh Roh!

Seen this? The results are surprising, and not in a good way.
Watching this makes me even more committed to fixed blade broadheads, like slick tricks. Sure beef ribs are much stouter than WT ribs, but I'm thinking a big boar would make a mockery of the mechanicals shown in this vid

Old 01-30-2016, 06:19 AM
BTM
Fork Horn

Interesting.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:12 PM
Spike

Saw two break off behind the thread when it hit bone !!! also the one that went through rib cage dead stopped in the rib of the deer!!! we did recover the deer but no blood trail he took all three rages !!! That's the truth they're bad about breaking blades be careful when gutting !!!
Old 04-09-2016, 09:42 PM
Typical Buck

Interesting. I just ordered some Wac'em mechanical broadheads. They were just released this year and just found out about them. I have there 4 blade fixed broadheads. No complaints. Just never used expandables and want to see what its about.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

GrimReapers. I have shot hogs, shoulder, gristle plates, blown thru. WT with backbone hits from above, broke the vertebrae into 4 pieces, not 1 broken blade!!! Double shoulder shot on WT, no broken blades. Have only had 2 blades break so far and those were on impact of something in the dirt. I know this for there were 3 blade cuts on exit holes. Had 1 skip off the sternum and cut 4 ribs on exit and remained perfect. I re-sharpen all of them afterwards and reuse them. I have several that are going on their 4th or 5th time out. Take a look at them and you see. GrimReaper Razor Cut.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

Muzzy 4 blade 125 grains