Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Need help with a very old Hoyt Raptor/Redline. >

Need help with a very old Hoyt Raptor/Redline.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Need help with a very old Hoyt Raptor/Redline.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:53 AM
Spike

Default Need help with a very old Hoyt Raptor/Redline.

Hello,

I looked through quite a few threads and couldn't find anything relevant so I apologize if this has already been covered.

I have an old Hoyt that I bought from a buddy of mine that didn't have a string on it. I took it to Field and Stream to have them put one on and when I received the call to pick it up they informed me that the bow was pulling 8 lbs. more than the max adjustable poundage that the bow is rated for. (Its rated for 60-70 lbs. and it is pulling 78 lbs with the limbs turned all the way out.) I asked about a short string and they informed me that they measured it and its the correct one that the sticker on the bow calls for.

I have looked all over the internet for specs on the Redline version of this Raptor bow and I can not find anything related. The tech told me that unless I can find a spec chart which calls out for the Redline version and gives the cam model #, he will not go any further and claims that the guy I got it from must have switched out the cam because thats the only thing that would cause the bow to pull so much with the limbs turned out and the correct length string.

So I lean toward you guys. Does anyone know where I can find the specs for Redline version of the Hoyt Raptor? And does anyone know the model # for the original Redline single cam that came with this bow?
Old 09-16-2014, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is this it?

http://www.hoyt.com/assets/tune_charts/97_raptor.pdf

Check the Hoyt site for more information or simply phone their customer service.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:54 PM
Spike

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the specs you've posted are the only ones I've been able to find as well and if you notice, the redline version isn't mentioned. It seems, the carbonite version was the most popular and the only one mentioned here. I will be calling their customer service department in the morning. I will update as I continue my search.