Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 who makes the best " cheap"  bows? >

who makes the best " cheap" bows?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

who makes the best " cheap" bows?

Old 10-13-2003, 08:36 AM

Default RE: who makes the best " cheap" bows?

champion bow co. and buck knives teamed up to make a line of bows. the " buck sabre" retails for about $200, and seems to be a great bow. a little plain looking but shoots good.
Old 10-13-2003, 02:32 PM

browning tornado real nice bow for the money in the 450 to 500 range. don e harvested my first bow kill with it theis year it was a doe.

go deep hunt hard.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:04 PM

My local pro shop has a Pearson (i don' t remember what model) with sight, rest, & release for $389.99. Seems like it might be an inexpensive way to go.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:03 AM

I bought the Parker Hunter Mag setup. So far I love it although I' m a fairly new bowhunter so I dont have much to compare it to. Everything you need for $435.00.
I' m not cheap when it comes to hunting equipment but I also dont jump on to the " got to have the newest, most expensive, the guy on tv has one" band wagon.
The Parker seems to be high quality at a fair price. Try one out.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

Check out Martin
Old 10-16-2003, 09:33 PM
Spike

I have been a Darton fan for years, and really like their CPS system. However in their great wisdon they quite using this on the lower priced bows and went with the Mathews type cam. Have to get into the $400 range to get their CPS. HOWEVER, Reflex has a " Gamegetter" package that uses Hoyt' s cam and 1/2 (based on Darton' s CPS with 4" of drawlength built in). Cabelas has had it for $245.99 for the package - bow, quiver, rest, sight, peep and wrist sling. Nice shooting bow and won' t break the bank. You don' t need $500-$800 bows to shoot deer at 20-25 yards - like said above just need something quiet and accurate. However, find one that fits you and feels comfortable to YOU. Don' t skimp a few $$ to get something that you won' t like a year from now.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

I picked up a Merlin Shadow for my son off of e-bay last year for $118 inc. the shipping. Put about 100 into it with the simms stuff, a whisker biscuit, Impact archery sight, quiver, and sling al obtained off ebay and have a bow that will outshoot my $500 + Darton! Here was my last shoot/tuning round in the backyard. 6 arrows at 22 yards. That will work for me anyday!
Old 10-20-2003, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

Guess the board does not like my pic! anyway it was 6 arrows in a 2" clump 1" high of dead center bull.
lets try it again for the shell of it. OH WELL.Aint gonna happen this morning
Old 10-20-2003, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

Hoyt Magnatec isn' t too expensive and has been great for me. Check e-bay too. JDinAB
Old 10-22-2003, 08:50 PM

Fred Bear

Quick Reply: who makes the best " cheap" bows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.