Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Ground blinds?

Old 10-03-2003, 09:37 AM

Default Ground blinds?

Anyone using a ground blind in a woods situation? I do all my hunting on the ground now, due to age and injuries. Do they work? What about wind effects on the blind, ie. flapping panels?
Old 10-03-2003, 09:45 AM

Default RE: Ground blinds?

Mike there is only one TRUE name in ground blinds, DOUBLE BULL Archery. They cost a lil more but the features make the differene worth MORE than the price difference between a real tool and the competition that mostly consists of childrens " camo tents" . The Double Bull wont flap period as the fabric sides are pushed taught when the blind is setup. Wind is no problem either. I havent had to stake mine down yet and have used it in winds up to 20-25mph. If you experienced higher winds or wanted to leave it out overnight, simple additions of stakes is made easy by presewn in stake pockets on each corner and stake tie downs that are connected to the hubs on each center of each side. They are VERY roomy as well. Two can hunt comfortably and 3 or 4 would fit if you really wanted them too.

I dont know for sure, but assume the basic design theory for the blinds was taken from utility/phone workers portable " pop up" yellow repair shelters that you see them using. They are sturdy and weather resistant as well.

Good luck,
RA

www.doublebullarchery.com
Old 10-03-2003, 11:23 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Red, I have 2 of the Double Bull Blinds. If you are mainly hunting alone the T 2 is the way to go, plenty of room and very packable. It will hunt 2 guys no problem. The T 5 is nice also but it is heavy you wouldn' t want to pack it real far. It is better to set up and leave out. It is windy out here on the prarie, 20mph is a normal day, the Double Bull is the only blind that won' t flap in the winds that we have. Several people on here use the Ameristep blinds and really like them. I think if you don' t have to deal with a lot of wind they would be excellent. A friend of mine has the outhouse, got it to save money, he now has a Double Bull T 2. The Ameristep blinds flap in the wind out here.
Old 10-03-2003, 01:44 PM

love Hunting out of my Bull.Last year i took a dandy Buck out of it,and this spring,i harvested my biggest Bow Killed Gobbler to date. 22# 10 3/4" Beard,and 1 9/16" Spurs.Both animals were semi long shot' s,but ive had a lot of critters at the 10 -15 yard range.I dont like shooting them that close.I figure as much as i like to practice,im entilted to a little longer distance.Do your self a Favor and check into the Double Bull line,you wont be sorry,and you too will be singing it' s praises,with fallen game,and great storytelling around the Camp fireMake sure you check out Deception camo on the Bull' s!
Old 10-03-2003, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have had both still prefer the Penthouse by
Ameristep to each his own,it doesnt flap and
I have shot many animals out of it these past
three years,good luck!!
Old 10-04-2003, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Double Bull is the best! Others will work but if your going to use it alot, Double Bull is worth the money!

Good Luck!
Old 10-04-2003, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

For ease while transporting setting up or down
after having both Ameristep fits on my four
wheeler or on my back better then the Double
Bull my hunting partner likes his Double Bull,
but like I said to each his own!
Old 10-05-2003, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

how heavy is the double bull T2? it looks like a nice blind and something that does intrest me, but I can' t find a total weight for it on the website. Can it be easily " packed" in and out on 1 day hunts?
Old 10-06-2003, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like the PENTHOUSE-but then again it' s the only blind i' ve ever used.
Old 10-06-2003, 10:02 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

5 shot, the carry weight of the T2 is 11 pounds, carry weight of the T5 is 18. I would say the T2 is very packable the T5 is not. They will also make a lighter version by special order and would get your weight down to about 8 lbs. Not sure how much extra that would be.

Quick Reply: Ground blinds?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.