Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Looking for a good bow press >

Looking for a good bow press

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Looking for a good bow press

Old 11-15-2013, 05:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Looking for a good bow press

I want to get a press that will work with today's parallel and past parallel limbs. One that is recommended by all manufacturers. Can anyone give me the name/model of one that fits that category?
Old 11-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Last Chance EZ press and X-Press are the only two that come recommended for use by most bow manufacturers. I say 'most' here because I have not called ALL of them, but Mathews, Diamond/Bowtech, Hoyt, Bear, and PSE all recommended ONLY these two when I called them 2yrs ago with this same question. The EZ is considerably cheaper than the X, and isn't as big in the shop. The X does work a little better with old D shape bows, so it will work with both, whereas the EZ press might be hard on a D shaped bow.

All of the parallel and past parallel bows that I have worked with recommend only using 'limb tip compression' style presses, no roller presses anymore.

If you're handy with a welder, you can make an EZ press for about $150-200.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

You're dead on Nomercy. I called PSE and they use the Last Chance EZ press in their factory. I am looking at the EZ press Green which is the same press without all the bells and whistles as the original EZ press.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im also currently looking for a press and just about everyone i've asked or talked to says the last chance EZ is the way to go so im strongly considering that one.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

I was eyeing the EZ Green also. Amazon had them for $300 on black Friday, I just couldnt pull the trigger. Not sure Ill get enough use out of it to warrant spending that kind of cash.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, for the few times a year that most guys need to press a bow, it's pretty easy to either drive down to a shop, or use a limb mounted press. Really better to get a proper press.

Square tubing/Telespar, sacrificial large C clamp or pipe clamp, and some "melt & dip" tool wrap and a guy can get into an "EZ knockoff" for much much cheaper, around $150 in materials and a case of beer for the blacksmith if you're not so handy with a welder yourself.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

I have the easy press green. Use it on a z7 magnum and destroyer 340. Works great.