Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

what to use????

Old 09-26-2003, 10:54 AM

Default what to use????

I am new to archery, I have shockwave mech broadheads,100 gr, and I allso have montec g5s , 100gr allso , both fly good ,shoot on target,i hear both are tough,any sugestions , what works best?thanks.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:53 PM

Default RE: what to use????

David,It' s tough to give any advice not knowing what your set-up is.Both the Shockwaves and the G5' s are good heads,but we need more info!!...Heres an example,my bow set-up...Mathews LX,30in.66lbs,Beman Carbon-Hunter 380' [email protected]. Shockwaves,413grs.arrow weight,MZE rest,275fps,70lbs KE.You see,you need a certain amount of KE to operate the Shockwaves,less for the G5' s...Bob
Old 09-26-2003, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your unsure of your bows Kinetic Energy you should probly use the fixed broad heads. If you know how fast your arrows are shooting and how much they weigh we can figure your KE with a calculator on the goldtip website.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:18 AM

ok i will give more info, p.s.e. F2, 65 lb draw, 29in easton x7 eclipse superlite.arrow with 100 gr tip 500 gr total.golden key t.k.o. dropaway rest,dont know the ke. arrow speed isw 260. thanks guys thanks for the help ,david .
Old 09-27-2003, 04:36 PM

Hey David, okie from Muskogee here. I shoot alot in 3d and hunting David thru out the state here. I have heard nothing but good things from montec5. Selling alot here in my hometown They shoot excellant. I personally dont like sharpening broadheads and choose a head that has replacable blades and perfer them. Good luck, I beleive we might be looking at record year here in state. I hunt in Wagner County in NE part of state.
I shoot wasp sst 75grn for many years.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:08 PM

In the process of changing from Muzzy to G5 Montec. I will let you know after I stick one. [>:]