Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Release question

Old 08-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Release question

I've used Scott caliper wrist releases for years. About 2 years ago I stared using the Truball Pro Diamond Extreme thumb release sight and it has and is still serving me well. I like the idea of putting it on my D loop when I am in the tree and not having to connect it when something comes in.
I have noticed that a lot of hunters are going with the "hook" style release. Those of you that use them, how do they compare to the caliper releases? One advantage I see is the ease and quickness they go on the D loop and also without an audible 'click'. Your opinions on your model.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Spike

I yus the spot Hogg wise guy. I love it to me it enables a cleaner release, it also chews up d loops a whole lot less, and I mean a lot less. My d loops can last two seasons or longer.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

I opted for the Scott Silverhorn. I really like this release. I've been shooting out to 70 yds and keeping my arrows in a 6" group around the bull with it. Hook up is silent and the trigger, although a bit heavy from what I am used to, gives me a smooth crisp launch of the arrow.