Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Rocket Steelhead 100' s??? >

Rocket Steelhead 100' s???

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rocket Steelhead 100' s???

Old 09-24-2003, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rocket Steelhead 100' s???

Anyone use Rocket Steelhead 100' s? Good, Bad, etc.?
I used Gametracker exp 100 last year. same broadhead for 3 deer, so I' m not sure why I want to try the rockets. I guess because I heard they have outstanding penetration.

I' m shooting an SQ2 with PSE Dominators @265fps.

Can someone help me out?
Old 09-24-2003, 03:45 PM

Default RE: Rocket Steelhead 100' s???

handels, i am also shooting a sq2, and useing steelhead 100 and to have killed several deer with this set up. sounds like you are doing well with what you are useing, if you do go to the steelhead you will not be dissapointed. my arrows are 465grn. speed is 255. i sure do love my sq2!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

As far as preformance goes they are great heads. The only problems I am hearing about now are the threads on the 100 grn versions. If you shoot goldtip arows they don' t have enough thread to fit into the inserts. on most others you will only get about two turns max, with goldtips you may get one turn if that.
Old 09-29-2003, 01:23 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-29-2003, 02:32 PM

I get about 1/2 turn with my gt' s and my junked steelheads 100' s

dullest damn blades I have ever seen also
Old 10-01-2003, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great broadhead, but like 5shot said the screw threads could be a tad longer!!!
Complete passthrough with this head, blades are plenty sharp for me!!!!
[:-]
Old 10-02-2003, 05:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

My comments would mirror 5shot' s. They are great heads and the number one seller in our shop. We usually recommend them for folks who are looking to try mechanicals and who have enough KE to get mechanicals to work effectively.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:41 PM

i used some this year for a little while but i was very dissapointed. in goldtips and bemans both the threads of the 100 had 1/2 to 1 full turn at the most. one shot one of the heads flew off before it met the target, and it was glued on!!! they grouped well but i dont thing they can possibly stay on the shaft after they hit an animal.
joe
Old 10-13-2003, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I tried the Steelhead 100' s, while keeping a couple of my Gametracker Exp first cut' s in the quiver. First off I use PSE and Carbon Express arrows. In both I got 3 1/2 turns into the insert. I would have been happier with 4-5, but I was ok with three. I shot an adult doe (134 lbs field dressed) Saturday a.m. kind of a weird upward angle because she was uphill from my ground blind @ 32 yds. She squatted a bit on my release and the Steelhead went through the lower part of her right shoulder, just above the joint, through that lung, snapped off the spinous process of one of her vertabre (that long bony projection on the spine) through the opposite lung and the upper portion of the far shoulder blade. I did not have a complete pass through, as the Steelhead was the only thing sticking out the far side. On the shot she dropped, and got up once to wobble about 10 feet. All bones and tissue had a nice little triangle going through them, and the broadhead looks as good as new minus a little paint on the tip. Considering all of the bone, and the odd angle I was more than satisfied with the Steelhead 100.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

are you saying that the heads only take one turn to get in or that they get stuck after that?

Quick Reply: Rocket Steelhead 100' s???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.