Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Thumb Release

Old 02-12-2013, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default Thumb Release

Its time for a new release and I am thinking of changing it up some. Considering trying a Tru Ball thumb release. For those of you that use this type of release, how do you like it, is there a difference, better groupings, etc etc? Thanks, I appreciate the help!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

So I decided to make the switch. I ordered up a tru ball 3 finger thumb release. After talking to some people at my local 3d archery range that shoot thumb releases I came to reliaze that they all were saying the groupings they were shooting were tighter after switching and getting use to shooting the thumb release. If anyone else is interested in this and making the switch as well here is a link that also helped me make my decision, check it out!

http://www.bowhunting.com/blog/2013/...elease-part-1/
Old 02-22-2013, 09:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

About 3 years ago I started to develop the bad habit of having target panic (slapping the trigger when I was on target and grabbing the bow anticipating the shot) with my caliper release. I switched to the Truball Pro-Diamond Extreme release. This instantly stopped my target panic and has improved my accuracy. I harvested 3 deer since the switch. Another plus when hunting from a tree stand is that you can attach the release to your D loop and its there and ready when your animal comes by.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default No Thumb Release for me

Everything isn't for everyone. My thumbs, just ache without the pain, just thinking of using a thumb. (Both were broken; one joint moves inward; one moves outward.)
Luckily, I never became a 3D shooter, except for the good learning experience, looking for "absolute" accuracy.
I control "target panic" well, as I use to be a basketball foul shooter. Seconds to go, score tied, on the line with two foul shots,swish, swish. Still remember that from decades ago in a championship.
Didn't sell that with a $900 bow.