Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Climbers.

Old 09-12-2003, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Climbers.

I am in the market for a climber and I do not have the money to get an expensive one. The is one made by ameristep and its called the grizzly for 100 dollars and there is one made by someone else and it is the cobra. I also think this is 100 dollars. Any advice?
Old 09-13-2003, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Climbers.

Not familiar with neither of them but am a strong believer in you get what you pay for. Isn' t your life or your families grief worth more than 100$ Just my opinion and something to ponder.
Old 09-13-2003, 04:19 PM
Spike

I' m with JerseyHunter...Don' t skimp on a climber.I have a Summit Viper XLS,it' s 5 yrs old,still like new,super quiet,and without a doubt the best $250 i' ve spent.Very solid and comfortable
Old 09-13-2003, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with the earlier posts! Save up, go in debt, do what you have to do to get a good climber. You definately get what you pay for in terms of safety and ease of climbing and packing.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does the bar in the front get in your way when bow hunting. What about some of the ones in cabelas, that are like 150 to 170 are these any good? Any recomendations, Ol man, lone wolf, summit, api?
Old 09-13-2003, 08:34 PM
Spike

Nuge,as far as the bar getting in the way...I think it would be impossible to shoot from a sitting position in my Summit,but i always stand to shoot anyway.Actually i use the padded bar to lay my bow across at the ready position,and it works quite well.Don' t know about the Cabelas climbers,but chances are they are pretty decent...they get most of my $ when it comes to gear.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:49 AM

summit makes a cobra but its over 100.00 if you know where to get one for 100 bucks let me know ! i have an ol man it is a good stand it just doesn' t like certain trees !

Old 09-14-2003, 05:53 AM

I also agree with the others..Don' t go cheep on your stand. I am a repeat buyer of the Tree Lounge. I am 6' 5" , 225 lbs, and I have never had a problem in this stand. I can literally spend all day in it. You can shoot both sitting or standing.
You can find some great deals on Ebay since $ is always a concern.
Good luck!
Old 09-14-2003, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try as many brands of climbers as you can to see what you like the best. I personally use the Lone Wolf Alpha Sit & Climb, the climbing bar folds completely out of the way under the seat for bowhunting.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think im gunna get this one from cabelas. It is made by API and it is the like the " bowhunters" version. It is only 20lbs and it cost 180. It looks pretty high quality to me.

Quick Reply: Climbers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.