Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage Tricks?

Old 09-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Rage Tricks?

I have always been a fixed blade guy but have decided to give the mechanicals a shot. The rage 2 blade is what I got and the practice blade flies awesome! My question is does anyone have any tips or tricks for the real heads to keep them from deploying before the shot or in flight? Also, what are your experiences with this head especially those of you who have used fixed blades for a long time? Thanks
Old 09-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

They shouldn't open before the shot or in flight. I would suspect the O-ring can be rotated to a new position. I've never used them but I think the blades have a sort of hook that goes behind the O-ring. If the blade is deployed it could damage the O-ring. So slightly rotating it and pulling it down below the groove prior to positioning the blades should hold the blades in place until impact.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
They shouldn't open before the shot or in flight. I would suspect the O-ring can be rotated to a new position. I've never used them but I think the blades have a sort of hook that goes behind the O-ring. If the blade is deployed it could damage the O-ring. So slightly rotating it and pulling it down below the groove prior to positioning the blades should hold the blades in place until impact.
x2. i have muzzys and rage, but i may just use rage again this season because they group a little better than my muzzys
Old 09-24-2012, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

I always used muzzy too but wantto try something new. The last pack of muzzies I got would not shoot well at all.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
I always used muzzy too but wantto try something new. The last pack of muzzies I got would not shoot well at all.
i like rage. I think there a pretty good broadhead. the only thing that turned me off to them was the price and replacing orings. they sure do the trick on a deer. Im just worried about what will happen if i would happen to hit shoulder. I haven't before with them but ya never know.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:43 PM
Fork Horn

You could always try the new chisel tip. If I like these then I will definitely get the chisel tips next time.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
You could always try the new chisel tip. If I like these then I will definitely get the chisel tips next time.
more worried about the cutting diameter, i feel like the will probably bend, maybe break and stop the arrow from penetrating.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

I hope not but I will give my thoughts on these next week. I have a trip to my property and god willing I will be able to test these broadheads out.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by huntingkidPA
x2. i have muzzys and rage, but i may just use rage again this season because they group a little better than my muzzys
Try the Slick Tricks or Grizz Tricks. The fly better than every fixed blade I've ever shot. And you don't have to worry about moving parts failing on you.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Spike

I agree with supaflav , tricks fly great , and NEVER EVER FAIL......never never never ever

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.