Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Parker, PSE, Martin Hoyt????? >

Parker, PSE, Martin Hoyt?????

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Parker, PSE, Martin Hoyt?????

Old 01-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Spike

Exclamation Parker, PSE, Martin Hoyt?????

So I am ready to buy a new bow and to be honest I really am not sure what to go with. I have seen several changes in bows since the first Parker I bought back in 2006. I want a short ATA bow. I am wondering if the bows at Dicks and places like that are the lower end bows. I want to stay in the price range of about $800 so naked. I would love some input on some bows.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Spike

Ok if this helps these are the bows I am looking at.

Parker Ambusher Z28 APA Innovations Viper V7

Martin Rack Attack Alpine Archery Black Silverado

Bear Carnage BowTech Assassin

Hoyt CRX Series Limbsaver Proton

Martin Archery Firecat 400 Mathews Z7 Xtreme

PSE Brute X Winchester Archery Quicksilver 31
Old 01-20-2012, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

go with the bow that fits,and feels the best. check out hoyt rampage xt. 32 ata. 323 fps. same cams,limbs,strings as the carbon element and crx32
Old 01-21-2012, 04:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Honestly I don't know if I would buy from Dick's. Unless you know they have knowledge with archery gear and not just sales personnel. Check around for an archery shop, preferably one with a shooting range or at least an area you can shoot a bow. Try several models if possible. And don't be afraid to purchase a demo bow either. They come with full warranty (at least my Martin did) and you can get one for a really great prices. (And a lot of times they are fully rigged for shooting with rests, sights which will save you even more $)
Old 01-27-2012, 06:57 AM
Spike

I have had pse,hoyt and quest bows I will say they all have there own perks but the best bow I have owned is a readhead kryptik pro by dimand . Very fast and very quite .
Old 01-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Spike

I agree with Bronko, I would try and find an archery shop near by with a range. Nowadays, all of these bows are good. And no matter how much you spend, they will all do the job effectively. But with $800 youre gonna have quite a large selection to choose from. So I would try and shoot as many different bows as possible and just see what feels right.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:33 PM
Typical Buck

X3 on buying a bow that feels right when you shoot it. Don't get hung up on a certain brand. Shoot some different ones and let the bow pick you.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I did my post because I was in the same situation as you a few years ago. I wasn't concerned about price - even though I think the prices of today's bows are way too high. I shot several different models of Matthews, PSE, Bowtech, Hoyt and Martin. The Martin 'just felt good' and was the least expensive. The model I purchased was the Cheetah and since have also purchased a Firecat 400. They are smooth, plenty fast, quiet and accurate. I was never so confident with a bow as I am with these 2. Not saying that they are the ones for you. But just pointing out that Cost and brand should not be your only deciding factor.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:47 AM
Spike

Well I shot at least 20 bows and came across a deal on Craigslist. I bought a Mathews DXT 28" Draw 70lbs Loaded with an Extreme sight in lost camo, Octain Stabilizer, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, Scott release, 20 Gold Tip arrows with Broadheads, New strung Zebra string, G5 3/16 peep, upgraded Harmonic Dampners, and a Flambau hard case for $600.00

I think I did good