Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Slick tricks are bad!

Old 01-07-2012, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

Cool Slick tricks are bad!

Real bad!! I switched from Muzzys to Slick tricks this year. Hunted a deer management area near my house. Saw more deer than you'd believe. Shot four. All died within sight of my stand - no tracking needed. The bad part is the destruction. Wow! They do make a deer bleed. I'm buying more!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Spike

They are quite lethal. I have been using them since 07 and have no complaints. The field point like accuracy is unbelieveable. I have had one go about 80 yards even with a good hit. But all the others have went a Max of 60 yards.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

They are no doubt the "real deal".
Old 01-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

While I agree they fly fantastic and do produce a lot of damage. But I tried them last year (Griz trick) and with the light poundage that I shoot (53#) I didn't get a pass thru (did not hit shoulder) at 23 yds. The animal did die within sight which was very fortunate as I had a zero blood trail. I attribute the lack of a pass thru to the 'flatter' design of the blades which produce more of a chopping rather than slicing action. I switched back to my Magnus Stingers and get pass thrus every time with plenty of blood. And the last 5 buck shot with the stingers also died within sight.
Now, if I were to shoot 60+ lbs, I would not hesitate to use the Slick Tricks.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

But I tried them last year (Griz trick) and with the light poundage that I shoot (53#) I didn't get a pass thru (did not hit shoulder) at 23 yds.
What did you expect shooting a 53 pound bow with a 4 blade broadhead that has 2.5" of total cutting surface?

I attribute the lack of a pass thru to the 'flatter' design of the blades which produce more of a chopping rather than slicing action.
I attribute it to you choosing to shoot a big arsed broadhead out of a light poundage bow.

I switched back to my Magnus Stingers and get pass thrus every time with plenty of blood. And the last 5 buck shot with the stingers also died within sight.
Had you chosen the razor trick or the standard (1") slick trick instead of the huge grizztrick you would have gotten the same results.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah BB I stand corrected. They were Razor Tricks. I'm not putting them down so don't go getting all offensive. For my lighter weight I do better with a BH with a steeper angle like the Magnus Stinger or Muzzy Phanthom. All of the better fixed blade designs fly great out of a properly tuned bow.