Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
The Original Knotless Loop >

The Original Knotless Loop

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The Original Knotless Loop

Old 12-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Spike

Default The Original Knotless Loop

Hey everyone! I am new to the forum and wanted to start a thread about knotless loops for archery. I just wanted to see what people thought about them and why they like or dislike. I work for my father and help hand make our "Original Knotless Loops" and would like to help any of you understand more about them. We are also working on getting a website going and hope to see some visitors soon. Thank you all!

RAS Outdoors
Old 12-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had the unfortunate displeasure of installing one a few weeks ago for a customer. Hole crap what a pain in the butt just to put on a dang loop.

IMO they are a overly complicated solution for a problem that never existed. Regular ole string loops work just fine, are a hell of a lot easier to install and replace as needed, they can be made to any length, cost a whole lot less money, etc... etc...

I honestly don't know where the market is for a "knotless loop. "The average Joe with out his own press buys one and then has to take it to the pro shop to have it installed where they will charge him to install it. I know next time I have to install one I will charge about $30 to do it. I don't see any reason what so ever a pro shop would want to stock these "knotless loops" in their shops.

To me they are nothing but a worthless gimmick.

Last edited by bigbulls; 12-21-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Spike

Sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience with them. Which knotless loop did you use. Our knotless loop comes in a clear clam shell case and is produced in Wyoming. My dad had a run in with a guy a few years back that wanted to copy and sell my dads loop. Sadly he also makes another version of a knotless loop and hopefully that is the one you had the trouble with. When we go to sell our products to archery shops a lot of the retailers push us away because they are used to the other knotless loops that are around. Also from my understanding they are made for your automatic releases that some people like to use instead of holding the string with your hand. The knotless loop or "D loop" prevents the string from being ruined and torn up from the constant loading and unloading of the automatic release to the string.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't remember what brand it was. It looked just like this one.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Spike

Yea that looks like ours. I am very sorry for how the loop performed. Were the instructions in the packaging not easy enough to follow? What could we do that would have made our product better and made you want to use it more? Thank you.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

The instructions are fine. It's just a product that honestly has no real purpose when a piece of BCY loop material works just as well. It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. I don't want to have to press the bow just to install a loop. I just don't get why a shop would carry them or want to install them with out charging a hefty fee.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Spike

I see, yea one thing that many people say is that they would rather tie their own loops and not have to deal with our product or similar products. The one very nice thing about our product is that it does not slip around on the string, or come untied. Tying your own loops may be cheaper but you do run the risk of that thing breaking and you hitting yourself. Some people do like our loops though, we have had bow shops want to install the loops on their bows they were currently selling. I am not sure how much they charge people for an installation though, I can imagine that may become more expensive. Thank you for your imput! Anyone else have any experience or problems they could share?
Old 01-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have to disagree; I've been tying my own D-loops, I use 500 pound parachute cord change when I need. If some KNOWS how to tie one they don't slip.... I've been shooting long before compounds were popular and I've never had a D-loop failure, and I guarantee there isn't many people that shoot more arrows a day than I do.

Nice product, and I'm sure they will do fine, there are a lot of people that can't even put on strings and cables on their bows.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Spike

Nice! That is really good that you can tie your loops and not have any problems, I guess for people who don't know how to do it safely or at all it is nice to use our loops. I've been working on a website for the business lately and once up I'd hope some people could tell us what they thought about it. Anyways back to the loop, thank you guys for the support, glad to see that people do like our product. We definitely need to focus on our strong points. What else do you all think about our products, what could we do better? We may start looking into a different form of packaging which could help us lower prices but that is in the developmental stage.