Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

need advice

Old 02-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

My 2 cents is find an archery shop where you can shoot a number of different bows. Different bows will have a different feel holding them, drawing them and shooting them. Don't get caught up in the Ford is better than Chevy is better than Dodge argument. We all know Dodge makes the best trucks. But seriously, pick a bow that feels good to you rather than getting stuck on a name brand. They all offer lifetime warranties and stand behind their products. Also you might have trouble reaching that 300 fps mark with an inexpensive 60 lb. Bow. IMO. Good luck.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Spike

I have 2 60lb bows that will shoot faster than 300fps. Of course that is with an ibo arrow.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Longnkrnch
Who has a bow that will shoot 300fps at only 50 or 60 lbs? I want one!!!
If your draw length is 28" or longer there are tons of bows that will reach 300fps at those draw weights. You just have to pick an arrow that weighs in at the bow manufacturers' recommended minimum of 5 gr/lb of draw weight, and there are lots of them, too.

For instance, shooting a 27" draw at 42# I have built properly spined arrows that weigh as little as 209 grains. They're out there. You just have to find them and match components accordingly.