Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

[Deleted]

Old 08-16-2003, 04:00 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-16-2003, 08:06 PM
nub

Default RE: Mathews LX question

What do your arrows weigh? What kind of rest do you have on it? Are you shooting with a quiver full of arrows? Have you checked your cam rotation?
Old 08-16-2003, 11:12 PM

Limbsavers will work, but it sounds to me like you might be shooting too light of an arrow.
Old 08-17-2003, 01:58 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-17-2003, 12:51 PM

I would start by checking to see if anything is loose on the bow. Then I would make sure those arrows are spined correctly and above 5 grains per pound.....example = I' m shooting my LX right on the line 69# and 350 grain arrow.

If everything on your bow is tight and your arrows weigh more than 5 grains per pound .....your bow is going to be pretty quiet. All bows have some noise and there are some bows that are slightly quieter than an LX ......but not by much.

If you don' t fix your problem yourself .......I would take the bow back the the shop and stay there until your happy !!
Old 08-18-2003, 06:33 AM

Redbow,My LX was a little noisey with my 3-D selects 300' s...Total weight was 368,even though everything was spec,it was' nt what I wanted.Went to my hunting weight,413gr,which made a big difference.Try using one string leech above your peep,that will not effect your speed,but it does the quiet the string.Make sure you have the brass dampners in.My set-up is....30in,66lbs,413grs,275fps.Hope this helps.Bob
Old 08-19-2003, 08:48 PM

Out of the box my LX was extremley quite, but now after a few hundred shots, it seems to be louder. So I put on string leeches, not good, it made it alot louder but with a different kind of noise. So I took the leeches back off and had my wife listen to me shoot. She said it has always been that quite.
Did you shoot this bow indoors when you bought it?
Old 08-20-2003, 10:01 AM
Typical Buck

I was at the local Mathews shop last week.They have been having some troubles with the LX.They have had two that were so messed up they had to be sent back to the factory.Atleast one was makeing contact between the cables and string.I hope you just need alittle more arrow to quiet yours down.