Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 New G5 Montec Broadheads >

New G5 Montec Broadheads

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New G5 Montec Broadheads

Old 08-12-2003, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default New G5 Montec Broadheads

Hey Everyone I just ordered the new Montec Braodheads and was wondering if anyone has shot them. If so how do the shoot, tight groups...?? Strong...?? I am taking them Black Bear hunting, of course as long as they are up for the challenge...

Thanks...
Old 08-12-2003, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New G5 Montec Broadheads

Try the search out, you will find plenty of good info on the Montecs.

I have switched from Thunderheads to Montecs this year and am very pleased with them so far. They all spun true (reagardless of which shaft I put them on), and hit with my fieldpoints.

Out of the package they are not terribly sharp, but a bit of work with a flat bastrard file and a finish up with a diamond stone will have them scary sharp in about 10-15 min per head.

I doubt that short of maybe a magnus snuffer you will find a stronger broadhead.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:00 PM
nub

I' ll let ya know what the moose think of them this fall.[:-]
Old 08-14-2003, 10:50 PM
Typical Buck

I tested these against the Thunder head and Wasp Cam Lok. These G5' s were far and away the best in my tests (which are not as comprehensive as 5-Shots test). They flew extremely well, penetrated the best and are more durable. Hope this helps. [b]They must be popular cause the only two pro shops in my area are out of the 100 and 125 grain models. I' ve got mine. [:-]
Old 08-15-2003, 03:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

they are excellent heads overall, excellent flight, and very durable. One of the best heads currently on the market in my opinion.
Old 08-16-2003, 11:13 PM

5shot, would you recommend them over muzzys?
Old 08-20-2003, 01:13 PM

I switched to them last year, from Muzzies and I absolutely love them. I will never own another Broadhead unless of course Montec improves the G-5. Cut on impact, durable, one piece, no loose blades that break off or fall off when your screwing them on, and extremely sharp. I don' t care what anyone says.....i can hit them on my Crocksticks and in less than 2 minutes per head, have a broadhead that you can shave with! Of yeah, they fly extremely well, right with my broadheads. I performed my own little test last year....against Muzzy, Steelforce and Rocky Mountain. The G-5 won in accuracy hands down. Accuracy is what it' s all about isn' t it?
Old 08-20-2003, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds Pretty Good... I am excited about them as soon as my pro shop gets my release in I might get to test them out... I dunno about accuracy, Durability and penatration is what it' s about for me otherwise I would just be shooting mechanicals...[X(]
Old 08-20-2003, 11:26 PM

What good is a durable high penitration head if you can' t hit the sweet spot???
ACCURACY should be #1!!! most ANY broadhead will kill a deer quickly and cleanly...if you put it where it belongs. Penetration and durability come into play IF you should happen to be off target. STILL VERY VERY important...but not as much as accuracy.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

Well All 3 are very important, but to have a braodhead fall to pieces upon impact no matter where you hit it is worse I would think... There are arguments to both sides, and either one could leave a wounded animal in the woods, which we all don' t want to happen... But I have learned that 2 holes is better then 1, especially shooting out of a treestand where your entry hole is going to be high... Without a second hole to bleed from the animal will just bleed internaly and you may be hard pressed to get a blood trail, and then you are in the same situation... But Needless to say you should shoot a broadhead that works for you, and provides the best of all 3 for your setup...

Quick Reply: New G5 Montec Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.