Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Starter bow

Old 08-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Spike

Default Starter bow

So I am a really big rifle and muzzle loader hunter and I have recently decided I would like to get into archery. What is a good bow to start out with that is not to expensive but will be a good quality. I preferably looking for one that comes in a package with sites, stabiler, and etc. And I will upgrade after I decide If it is something that I enjoy as much as hunting with a gun. Thanks ahead for any suggestions.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

well from experience, i say go spend alot of money on one that feels good to ya and has a lifetime warranty. i am sure you'll be hooked, so dont waste money on a cheap bow now, cause you will just be going to get better one later. magnus snuffer broadheads...and depending the speed on what spine arrows ya get. cobra release and dont fer get the wrist guard<<<ya only ferget em once er twice in a lifetime lol
make sure they put alot of dampener in the string fer ya..not the 2 they like to get away with.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Spike

Take price out of the picture, and go shoot several different bows. Pick the one that feels the best to you. Try an established archery shop or two if you can, I'm sure they'll help with the ins and outs of archery.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bowtech Assassin RAK package
PSE bowmadness XS RTS package
PSE brute RTS package
Diamond outlaw RAK package

All of these are all fantastic bows that come ready to hunt aside from the arrows and release.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Spike

I just got my Diamond Outlaw with the RAK pack last week and really liking it so far. I was limited on trying several bows as I am left-handed, but this one felt great to me. This will be my first full season hunting with a bow so I'm looking forward to it!!

I am not real pleased with my Scott release as it let go when I was drawing back last night. Now I have a nice bruise down my right forearm. Picked up a guard today so no worries.