Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
WTB Carbon Element...Buy Now or Wait? >

WTB Carbon Element...Buy Now or Wait?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

WTB Carbon Element...Buy Now or Wait?

Old 06-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

Question WTB Carbon Element...Buy Now or Wait?

I am looking to buy a Hoyt Carbon Element as I really like that bow. However it is a pricey bow, so I am wondering if I should buy it new now, or wait a while for a potential price drop or buy used?

Thoughts?
Old 07-03-2011, 02:57 AM
Fork Horn

look at the crx 32,and rampage xt. exact same features.just different rizer material. xt you can find for about 600. crx 850
Old 07-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought the CRX. I see very little diference . The Bow is very nice though. I used the extra $350 I saved on a new Nikon scope for my Slug Gun!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 07-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

I just snagged up a 2010 Matrix with an AAE Pro Drop rest and brand new custom strings for $650 tmd, spotless. I say wait it out, the prices on used are exceptional and you really can not hurt these carbon bows.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ZRider
I just snagged up a 2010 Matrix with an AAE Pro Drop rest and brand new custom strings for $650 tmd, spotless. I say wait it out, the prices on used are exceptional and you really can not hurt these carbon bows.
Wow. Good advice. I wasn't sure if these carbon bows depreciated like other bows, but it looks like waiting it out is ideal!
Old 07-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

You have to figure in that Hoyt release the CM+ with a roller guard so everyone had to have the latest and greatest. I have seen many Matrix over on AT for $800 or less. Buddy picked up another 2010 for $700 to his door just last week as well. Waiting may be the best or snag a 2010 CM and live it up.