Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Why......?

Old 06-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default Why......?

I do it almost every year! Walk into the store for some new field points or something small and walk out with a new bow! This time it was a leftover Iceman. Seems like mid summer when fishing starts to slow I start getting "the itch". Anyone who has been doing this a few years knows what I'm gettting at. Anyway, I shot a few bows just for giggles and after shooting it I couldn't bring myself to hang it back up! My local store knows me and I guess this is why they let me shoot anything I want there. I shot the Carnage as well. It's not bad but more of a entry bow IMHO.
I only had an hour or so to shoot the Iceman but it tuned fast. Really wasn't off that much out of the box. Shoots flat, and draws smooth for the speed it has. It isn't the most forgiving given the short a to a but not bad. My kids are coming over for a cookout for Daddys day and I called my son to bring his "junky" Fred Bear (kidding, it's a great bow) with him. Were gona do a little nock bustin' and this may just be the bow in my tree this year! Hard to say after an hour but so far I love it.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new bow.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

try mail order, this way you only get what you need. ahh, who am i kidding, i do the same thing either way.