Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Diamond Outlaw

Old 06-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Diamond Outlaw

Been thinking about trying one of these bows. Has anyone had any experience with it? I just started getting into archery hunting and did not want to spend a ton of money. Any thoughts would be of help. Thanks.
RAY
Old 06-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

I am an archery outfitter here at Cabela's in hamburg pa and we sell these bows! Ill tell ya...for the money you just can't go wrong with this bow! Its deadly fast and quiet and the back wall is solid! The only thing that You would have to get over is the draw cycle. Its a little rough but thats the price you pay for that speed you get with the bow. And i say that comparing it to a really high end bow. Meaning that its really not that bad of a draw.
The best thing to do is go to your local Diamond/bowtech dealer and fling some carbon out of it. Its gotta be you that decides on the bow. Nobody else!
Good luck this season and God bless.
Tim
Old 06-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Typical Buck

Keep us posted on your decision!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tim, Thanks for the response. I have not tried this bow yet but I do plan to. We have a Bowtech dealer in my area that stocks it but have not made it there yet. You are the third person to mention the rough draw cycle. What do you think of the R.A.K. package? Thanks, Ray
Old 06-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Spike

yeah, it's a good bow for the price. not the smoothest, but very good for the price. good luck!
Old 06-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

I would really lean towards the G5 Quest Hammer. At 399.99 for the bow or 499.99 in a package deal from a dealer. I just don't care for the Diamond brand.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Spike

Jury still out for me on Diamond. My buddy bought a Parker about 2months ago and a couple weeks ago had an issue with a cam bearing. He was worried that he would lose preparation time before opening season waitin for repairs, but they gave him a new ready to go bow immediatly. What great service. Myself, well, I purchasce a new RAK Outlaw a couple of weeks ago and find the quiver mount on the bow is cracked. Whats this a $1.00 item? I contacted Diamond "Service and Support" and have yet to get any help. They told me to go see a dealer. That is a 50 mile trip one way for me and it would be cheaper for me to just order a quiver from someone online. Customer service is important to me. Wish I'da done more reasearch before buying. So far, the bow is doing fine. Hope I have no quality problems with it, or I'll be up the creek.