Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow problem

Old 05-31-2011, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bow problem

Ok i just on new strings put on my hoyt and have had problems retuning the 20 yrd pin to also shot 10 yrds so i can hold the pin right on. when shooting 10 yrds i am shooting about 2 inches high not such a big deal but before i got new string it was shooting perfect at 10 and 20. Anyway any ideas why? thanks
Old 05-31-2011, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe the string itself or the knocking point isn't the same?
Old 05-31-2011, 11:29 PM
Fork Horn

I would start by saying this, please don't take this wrong. Did you ensure that you put the bow back into spec's? Axle to axle length, Brace height, Cam timing, just to mention a few? Before you took the old string off, did you measure where your nocking point and peep were on the string? Any one of these out of sync and you will have trouble. Plus, depending on the age of the old string, and if you purchased the bow new, the string could have been streched prior to your getting it and setting it up for you.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

i got my local bow shop to put the strings on im hopeing they did it properly
Old 06-18-2011, 06:13 AM
Spike

Even if you took all the correct measurements your still going to have to fine tune with the new string. Depending on the twist in the string. There are so many little things when you do a wholesale change out. If your nock points even an 1/8" off or peep is higher or lower than the original location by an 1/8" or more that will give you a huge down range difference. I would suggest a quick paper tune which i asssume would be good still. Then simply resighting your bow in if you are saitsfied with your anchor point and peep height. That why your not relying on whats was but what is your bow set up. Good luck.