Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 comments on Muzzy zero effect >

comments on Muzzy zero effect

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

comments on Muzzy zero effect

Old 07-30-2003, 09:59 PM

Default comments on Muzzy zero effect

who has experience with the Muzzy ZERO EFFECT shooting wise and comments on how it handles in the Field!!

THANKS
Old 07-30-2003, 10:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: comments on Muzzy zero effect

I have one on my Pat Dually which is my hunting bow and one on my Pro40 which is my target bow.

Great rest IMO the best hunting fall away you can get
Old 07-31-2003, 03:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you do a search you will find more info than you care to read. It is an excellent drop away rest though, the best on the market in my opinion.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great rest IMO the best hunting fall away you can get
I' m with Ausie
Old 07-31-2003, 05:50 PM

had it installed today and to say it is great is an understatement. Bought 12 new arrows 3 each of some acc 405 grainm, beaamn ics at 425ggr and 445 grains and and last a 2314 superlight with five inch heliocal vanes at 475 grians. Try to find out what flys the best for my up upcoming elk hunt, All the arrows flew great aand unlike at thing with my tiger tuff.

LONG AND SHORT I love what I see so far!!
Old 07-31-2003, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on a great choice Twister. It only gets better. I can' t imagine any of my bows to not have a MZE from now on. Great rest!
Old 08-02-2003, 09:50 AM

I have to agree with everyone. The best of the best. Don
Old 08-04-2003, 08:52 PM

The only thing you may not like is you have to keep shooting at different spots on your target or you may start breaking arrows from the tight groups.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:20 PM

I too just installed mine.....here are my thoughts on it....my recent thred over in the technical forum.

To Eric, at Muzzy, and those of you who replied to my recent post(s), thanks for helping me decide to purchase this rest. I installed the MZE on my bow last week and finally got a chance to go shoot it last night. Granted, this is my opinion only after the first “test drive” but one word that sums up my thoughts after installation and paper tuning is….amazing. I watched the video and installation went off “without a hitch”. Just like the video said, I set the center shot by “eyeballing” it and I adjusted the rest so that my arrow was 90 degrees to the string. I got lucky as I was able to use my existing nocking point and this positioned the arrow right at the top of the burger button hole, just as the video and Muzzy recommended. I shoot a Mathews Ultra Max w/the Max Cam so, again like the video explained, I was anticipating/expecting, to either lower the rest or raise the nocking point in the paper-tuning process. Well, this is where the “amazing” comes in. With no adjusting what so ever, the first three shots, from about 5’, were perfect bullet holes. Simply amazed, I had to shoot three more, this time from about 10’, again perfect bullet holes. At this point I was having fun, I shot six more arrows through the paper, from 3’ to 12’, and in the end had nothing but 12 perfect bullet holes. Not a single adjustment after installing it, amazing.

If you read my recent thread " Muzzy Zero Effect in/around St. Louis...question?" , well, I was shooting at that small shop near my house that doesn' t carry the MZE. When I walked in they said, “well you went ahead and got one did ya?” I said, “yup, watched the video, installed it and I’m getting ready to shoot my first arrow through paper.” Jokingly, he said, “you’ll have to wait a minute, I need to clear the range and board the windows before that “contraption” goes “hay-wire.” He followed me out into the range. I don’t know why he wanted to watch me paper tune but I expected he was hoping to prove something by witnessing my misfortune. After firing 12 consecutive perfect bullet holes without a single adjustment he didn’t have word to say.

Not to mention the fact my bow picked up 3 fps and is noticeably quieter….and don’t ask me how because I can’t figure that one out myself.

Thanks,
Toby
Old 08-10-2003, 03:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

All I can say is that I love no wait LOVE mine. I will never have another rest other than the MZE on any future bows.

Brian

Quick Reply: comments on Muzzy zero effect

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.