Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

hardcore limbs

Old 03-04-2011, 07:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default hardcore limbs

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and found a solution.

There's three people shooting Destroyers at our range and all of them have hardcore limbs with paint coming off on the edges.
All of them are black. I have a 350 on order in optifade camo and I'm hoping that the paint on the limbs stays on because white sticks out pretty bad in the woods....

F
Belgium
Old 03-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Spike

Just trade it in for a Hoyt. Tough as nails!
Old 03-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is it because of a particular brand of bow press being used on them or just standard wear and tear ???
Old 03-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
Is it because of a particular brand of bow press being used on them or just standard wear and tear ???
Probably wear and tear, these guys you a clam on the bottom limb to put the bown down, making the bow stand on the stabilizer and the clam. Where the clam grips the bow the paint chips off. I haven't seen that happen with the invelvet limbs of the older bowtechs

F
Old 03-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Habitat86
Just trade it in for a Hoyt. Tough as nails!
Great Advice! Over on AT they currently have multiple people complaining about their paint jobs on their new Hoyts!

If for some reason the paint would come off you would be able to get new limbs, but in all honesty the white would make no difference in the woods, especially on your bow limbs, but it would bother me too if it started to peal. But your warranty will cover it.