Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Zeon Fusion Vane

Old 02-26-2011, 05:46 PM
Spike

Default Zeon Fusion Vane

Has anyone ever shot an arrow fletched with the new "Zeon" Fusion Vane? I was wondering if they actually do emit enough light to the rear edge to be able to actually track the arrow in flight. If they do, how well do they work in low light conditions? They sound promising.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Spike

I have been wondering the same thing. Maybe someone will post and tell us lol
Old 03-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tracking arrow flight.

To answer your question; The Zeon Vanes are indeed 'cool looking vanes', but there's not much difference tracking the flight of the arrow when fletched with the Zeon vane as against using say a Blazer, VaneTec etc.
If your purpose is the track the flight of the arrow or to find your arrow after the shot use a 'Firenock'. By no means cheap, but will get the job done.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ampahunter
To answer your question; The Zeon Vanes are indeed 'cool looking vanes', but there's not much difference tracking the flight of the arrow when fletched with the Zeon vane as against using say a Blazer, VaneTec etc.
If your purpose is the track the flight of the arrow or to find your arrow after the shot use a 'Firenock'. By no means cheap, but will get the job done.
Thanks ampahunter. I know they look like they should work when viewing from the rear but I thought I also heard someone else say that they weren't what they were cracked up to be while shooting them on youtube. I'll just stick with Blazers.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ampahunter
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Thanks ampahunter. I know they look like they should work when viewing from the rear but I thought I also heard someone else say that they weren't what they were cracked up to be while shooting them on youtube. I'll just stick with Blazers.
Same here. Red tiger blazers for me from now on! Thanks guys!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Spike

Just Fletched my wife's Gold Tip Ultralights with them, I used 3 inches of white arrow wrap under them. Putting the white wraps on them really makes them gather the light, 2 to 3 times brighter than without. They look awesome.