Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Good bow for 12 yr old girl? >

Good bow for 12 yr old girl?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Good bow for 12 yr old girl?

Old 02-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Spike

Default Good bow for 12 yr old girl?

My 12 yr old daughter has been bugging me for a bow and her birthday is coming up in May. I've only been bowhunting for a year so I'm far from an expert myself, so would like to get some opinions. She tells me she wants more of a traditional bow (keeps telling me not a hunting bow like mine), one like what you'd use in the Olympics or an archery class some schools might have. I was thinking most bows anymore for kids were compound bows, even in school and Olympics? Please give me some opinions!

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

Just 2 examples of recurves made for kids, http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunti...id1%3D39285472 and http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunti...3Bcat103968180 . I'm sure there are others out there, you just have to look for them.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

Kids can't big game hunt until their 14 where I live. Don't know your situation but getting a recurve might be a good idea if she wants the traditional bow experience without going full out for hunting and doing target practice while "hanging out with daddy". On the other hand compounds make hunting easier and a Diamond Bow would be my first choice if she reconsidered. Anyway Jicand recommended some good bows. Congrats on getting you daughter into bows.