Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

reezen 6.5?

Old 02-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

Question reezen 6.5?

hello all not new to bow hunting but have not done it in awhile. i was shopping today and came across a mathews reezen new in the box for $550. seems like a good price to me. what do you guys think? is it worth it? and do you have any experience with this bow? thanks for any input
Old 02-10-2011, 05:45 AM
Spike

I like my Reezen 6.5 ALOT! It has been a great shooter for me. The price sounds great, as long as you can still register it with Mathews for warranty work.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is it new from a dealer or new from someone else who bought it and just didn't shoot it much? Thats the real question.

Plenty of folks like and own and shoot and are successful with the reezen. For me, and I'm a Mathews guy... it wasn't my cup of tea. Its a speed bow through and through... which isn't usually what mathews goes for... so compared to the smooth drawing, accurate easy shooting mathews bows before and after it... I didn't personally care for it.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

it is new from a dealer since they were discontinued they put it on sale
Old 02-17-2011, 06:54 AM
Typical Buck

I would look around for a DXT or Z7 if you would like a Mathews, The Reezen just was not a great Mathews bows. However, if you shoot it and like it, that is a decent price. Good luck.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:32 AM
Spike

Default Reezen 6.5

The Reezen was somewhat different from the other Mathews I've owned and still own. I would not say it wasn't a good bow. I actually shot as accurately with it as any I've owned and would not hesitate to recommend someone trying it. Myself, I thought it was head and shoulders above the DXT which I did not care for at all. Just shows how opinions vary. I would pick one up at that price especially with a warranty and be very happy.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Spike

Had one for one season and got rid of it, did not like it. I also think that since it's a 2 year old bow it is a little more than I would pay for that bow.

Since it was their speed solocam my cable was being worn through the serving at the sharp spot from where it rested in the cam at full draw. That from only one season, plus I constantly had noise coming from the wheel during my draw cycle, worst bow I've ever ever owned. But if you like it, and think it's a good price go for it, just my 2 cents.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Mathews Reezen 6.5 and can say its a good bow but I will say its a little harsh drawing compared to other Mathews models. The Z7's are so smooth!!!